Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Need help with some logic

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Hello Support,

I have a problem I need to solve and already fond some code but can't get it together.

Problem:
We have a real estate site build with "Starter Theme" and your real restate example as a base.
All works fine only when we share a link to one of our properties to Facebook the wrong image show up on FB page. FB debug told us that no og:image is present and this is what I try to solve.

Browsing this forum and other sources I already found some code that should be able to input the og:image into our templates header but now I need to find out how to include OUR featured image (which is not the featured image of the post but a custom field set up with toolset.

The code I found is:

function insert_image_src_rel_in_head() {
	global $post;
	if ( !is_singular()) //if it is not a post or a page
		return;
	if(!has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID )) { //the post does not have featured image, use a default image
		$default_image="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"; //replace this with a default image on your server or an image in your media library
		echo '<meta property="og:image" content="' . $default_image . '"/>';
	}
	else{
		$thumbnail_src = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'medium' );
		echo '<meta property="og:image" content="' . esc_attr( $thumbnail_src[0] ) . '"/>';
	}
	echo "
";
}
add_action( 'wp_head', 'insert_image_src_rel_in_head', 5 );

This above code checks if the post has the WP featured image and if not uses a default image to display as og:image. To this function I would like to add a second else that checks something like:

if post type = house or apt or plot than use the photo provided in the custom field "wpcf-property-photo".

I found this code to get the url of this photo (I hope it is correct);

$prop_image_url=get_metadata($meta_type="post", $item_id=$post->ID, $meta_key="wpcf-property-photo", $single=true);

Can you please help me get this two peace together?

Thanks,
Gregor

To check if the Post Type is of type "your_type" you can use this WordPress native Function:
get_post_type()
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_type/

To then get if the Custom Field "wpcf-property-photo" you can use the get_post_meta() function:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_post_meta/ OR the Types native render_types_field():
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

You can then use those functions to build an additional layer of if/else in your Custom PHP Snippet.

Hi Beda, Thanks a lot, muchisimas gracias, herzlichen Dank!

I'll try to get the pieces together but now have even more ingredients and still don't know how to cook a soup from it 🙂 Maybe stackoverflow is a better place to ask for help??!!

Thanks anyway!
Gregor

🙂
The problem is, it's Custom Code, and unless the types_render_meta(), not really related to Toolset.
I cannot provide Custom Code:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

An example thou:

if ( get_post_type( '1' ) == 'slug_post_type' ) {
    //if is true do something like get_post_meta()
    get_post_meta( '1', 'wpcf-your_field_slug_here', true | false);
}

You can avoid to hardcode Post ID above by getting the current Post ID from the global $post, as your code already does:

$post->ID

You can populate a $variable with what you get above (so you can later call what you got from get_post_meta() by simply saying "echo $variable" as example)

Let me know if you need more help 😉

Hello Beda,
thanks a lot for your help!
Yes, I know about the support policy and totally understand why that is necessary.

But in my opinion, this question has todo with Toolset because the problem I face is due to the fact that I use Toolset "Starter Theme", Types and Views and not a so called "premium" real estate theme to build the website that probably already takes care of this missing functionality that I now need to implement manually.

I really appreciate your help and especially on a sunday, when I would not expect an answer at all.

Back to my problem:

Do I understand you correct that because I get the current Post ID from the global $post I can replace the get_post_type( '1' ) in your example code with get_post_type( $post->ID ) or better $post_id? What really confuses me is the more examples I look at the more different ways I see to accomplish the same(?) thing like:

$post->ID
$post_id
$item_id=$post->ID

Could you maybe check and point me to my error?
I use this function now but the output in the html is empty means <meta property="og:image" content=""/>

function insert_image_src_rel_in_head() {
	global $post;
	if ( !is_singular()) //if it is not a post or a page
		return;

if (get_post_type( $post->ID ) == 'house' or 'apartment' or 'land' or 'office' ) {
		$prop_image_url=get_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-property-photo', true); 
		echo '<meta property="og:image" content="' . $prop_image_url . '"/>';
	}

elseif (!has_post_thumbnail( $post->ID )) { //the post does not have featured image, use a default image
		$default_image="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>"; 
		echo '<meta property="og:image" content="' . $default_image . '"/>';
	}

else{
		$thumbnail_src = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $post->ID ), 'medium' );
		echo '<meta property="og:image" content="' . esc_attr( $thumbnail_src[0] ) . '"/>';
	}
	echo "
";
}
add_action( 'wp_head', 'insert_image_src_rel_in_head', 5 );

Thanks again and have a nice sunday!
Gregor

1. Do I understand you correct that because I get the current Post ID from the global $post I can replace the get_post_type( '1' ) in your example code with get_post_type( $post->ID ) or better $post_id? What really confuses me is the more examples I look at the more different ways I see to accomplish the same(?) thing like:

I know, it's confusing 🙂

- global $post will get an object of the Post (this holds many informations about the post)
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/$post
- this is something that WordPress does for you, all you need is declare the global $post
- then, you have an object stored in this $post
- to access single Properties from an object, you do this:
$object->single_value_key
Translated to WordPress this becomes:
$post->ID
- $post_id is a variable, that you can populate with something (usually the POST ID)
- you could as well write $whatever or $item or $post_id_super_custom and populate it with something. This is called a variable:
hidden link
- you assign (populate) a variable with the "=" sign. So, this here:
$item=$post->ID
means, now $item holds the value of $post->ID

Does that make sense so far?

To answer, yes, you can replace '1' with as example $post->ID, or you create a variable first and then reuse it all over.

2. This is wrong:
get_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-property-photo', true);

$post_id is never defined, you need to either say_
get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'wpcf-property-photo', true);
or
$post_id = $post->ID;
get_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-property-photo', true);

3. If this still doesn't work, always check the "IF" conditions, that's where it fails most time.
Means, you remove the IF to see if the code works, then re-introduce it to see where the problem in the IF is.

I hope I have been able to clear some doubts!

Happy coding 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.