Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Need code to auto generate nice title

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Brad Tipper Il y a 6 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
2017-06-20 22_11_35-Edit Enquiry ‹ Price My Ride — WordPress.png

I am trying to: get my posts to have generated titles, rather than "CRED Auto Draft" or whatever it says.

I found this code which works somewhat:

add_filter('title_save_pre', 'my_title');
function my_title($title) {
    $title = date('YmdHis');
    return $title;
}

EXCEPT it also renames all of my forms with the same structure when I update them.

I would also like to make the slug of saved posts a unique random number- how would I go about that?

Cheers in anticipation of your help.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brad,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you try the hook in this link below as well ?
https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/105926/rewriting-post-slug-before-post-save

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry, as well as what I already have? I don't see that that is going to stop the renaming of my CRED forms etc?

Also, it doesn't appear to give the posts a unique random number as a slug either?

Third point which I forgot to mention: this needs to happen only to specific post types (ie. those created with toolset)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brad,

The posts on the frontend using CRED are they created using a post title? or is the post title generated after the post is saved.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

The post title appears to be generated after the post is saved. There's no logical field to form the post title- although I guess the post date and one of the fields would be an acceptable title/slug.

How would I implement that?

Cheers,
Brad

Well, I ended up just getting it done myself anyway. Here's my code for anyone else who may need it:

//Better titles for forms
// =============================================================================
add_action("cred_save_data", "my_save_data_action",10,2);
function my_save_data_action($post_id, $form_data) {   
    // Enquiry form
    if ( $form_data["id"]==71 || $form_data["id"]==410 ) {
        if (isset($_POST["wpcf-vehicle-make"]) && isset($_POST["wpcf-vehicle-model"]) && isset($_POST["wpcf-year"]) ){
            //Get the regular post date
            $date_format = get_option('date_format');
            $date = get_the_date($date_format, $id);
            //Build the title & slug
            $title = $date." ".$_POST["wpcf-vehicle-make"]." ".$_POST["wpcf-vehicle-model"]." ".$_POST["wpcf-year"];
            $slug = sanitize_title($title);
            // Update the post into the database
            $my_post = array(
                'ID' => $post_id,
                'post_title' => $title,
                'post_name' => $slug
            );
            wp_update_post( $my_post ); 
        } 
    }
}
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.