Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Need a front end filter for a taxonomy view

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Add a taxonomy filter in taxonomy view.

Solution:

You can setup a taxonomy view as the filter, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/need-a-front-end-filter-for-a-taxonomy-view/#post-1221292

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Robert Campbell Il y a 5 années.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I had a second attempt to create a grouped alphabetic view which you can see at hidden link

I have created a parent taxonomy view where the taxonomy terms are the letters of the alphabet.
This calls up a custom post type child view which is filtered by the parent taxonomy.

Here is the parent view code:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
[wpv-taxonomy-title]
[wpv-view name="companys-inner"]
		</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

The child "companys-inner" post view uses the filter;
'Select posts with taxonomy:
tax-companys set by the parent Taxonomy View'

This all works very well.

Now I need to find a way to create a front end filter for the parent view, so that the user can decide which letter of the alphabet (so which taxonomy term, they wish to filter by. So imagine a listing of the alphabet;

A B C D E F G H etc

And the user selects which of these terms they wish to filter the displayed posts by.

Taxonomy views do not have custom search fields like post views so I don't understand how to do this. I can see that the taxonomy view does have a taxonomy filter available but I can't see how to present this as a front end filter. Can you help please.

Regards

Robert

term-search.JPG

Dear Robert,

Yes, you are right, taxonomy view does not support custom search form.

As a workaround, you can setup a taxonomy view:
- query term's of your custom taxonomy
- in View's loop, display a link to pass term's ID as URL parameter "terms-filter", for example:

<a href='?terms-filter=[wpv-taxonomy-id]'>[wpv-taxonomy-title]</a>

Edit your the existed taxonomy view, add a filter:
Taxonomy term ID is set by the URL parameter "terms-filter", see screenshot term-search.JPG

Then it should be able to do same thing

Dear Luo
Your solution worked perfectly thank you. I have also added a hyperlink with text "ALL" to take you back to the unfiltered view. See hidden link
Regards
Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.