Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Nav Menu Roles not working with Layouts when logged in

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by triggeru571 Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Display certain menu items when logged in

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: A menu which should display only for logged in users

Instead, I got: An error saying the menu is not assigned (it is). Error occurs only when logged in. It is OK if set to everyone to see the menu

BTW - I am using the latest BETA for Layouts.

Dear triggeru571,

How do you setup the nav menu?
Are you using other plugin/theme to setup the nav menu?
Could you provide a downloadable URL for it?
I need detail steps to duplicate same problem, thanks

Hi Luo, I actually removed Layouts completely now and all if fine. I was using the BETA layouts and the toolset theme when the problem occurred. If you wish to debug, simply download from here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/

Add Layouts BETA and your theme and child theme, then set some menu to display public and others for logged in users. You will see the logged in users does not work.

Can you the same problem occur in the latest stable version of Layouts plugin 1.8.10?
Thanks

no it was working in 1.8. However, when I then upgraded to the Beta version and went back to 1.8 the stable version refused to load so I removed it. I don't need it anyway as I was just experimenting, but wanted to let you know.

I am not familiar with the plugin "nav-menu-roles", Can you take some screenshots for how do you setup the "some menu to display public and others for logged in users", what PHP errors did you get when logged in? could you post the PHP debug logs? thanks

Closed as I stopped testing layouts beta where this problem occured

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.