Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Multiple images uploaded via custom field disappear from view in library

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

A client has just noticed that when uploading several images via a custom image field in a custom post type, they don't then appear to be available for selection via other fields. If we then view the library directly via "Media > Library", they are there, and I think also if the custom post is saved first, they are then available as normal from the post edit screen. This only happens for custom fields, not for WordPress image, galleried or featured images. This is happening on more than one site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Zoe

Can you describe what you have in mind with "available for selection via other fields"?

Do you have a specific example I can test?

Hi yes sorry it's a bit tricky to describe. I'll try to describe a scenario:

We're editing a custom post, which has a repeatable custom image field in order to make a gallery
We click on the custom field to upload an image and, to save time, we upload all of the images for the rest of the gallery too. But we only select one.
We then go to add more image fields to the same post, but the images we just uploaded do not appear in the library. It looks like we have to upload them again.
Actually they are there. We can see them if we go directly to the media library or if we search for them, but they are not visible otherwise.

Does that make sense?

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, it does, thanks for clarifying.

I don't have a solution for you, that's just how it works.

I have raised this as a usability issue with the devs. I'll let you know whether they accept that we should update the image field so that the workflow you describe can be used.

Huh that's really weird, I had never noticed it before! Ok thanks for your help.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Zoe

Just a quick note to say that a fix for this usability issue will be included in Types 3.3, which should be released within a couple of weeks or so.

That will be brilliant, thank you! I have noticed the issue several times since, so this will be a great help.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm happy to say that Types 3.3 is finally out, if you want to go ahead and update (backup first) and re-test.

Let me know if you see any issues.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.