Skip Navigation

[Résolu] More than 500 post created with CRED Auto Draft in less than one week !

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 13 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Pat Il y a 2 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Pat

Hello,
I'm trying to clean my database and found that lots of posts have been created with the title : CRED Auto Draft
Is it normal and if yes, is there a way to avoid this ?
What is the need for Toolset to create such posts?

Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Our Toolset Forms plugin won't automatically create a post without any form of interaction. The reason for the autodraft title is that the form could've been created and then submitted without the post title field.

Once the post title field is on the form then the post must be create with a post title. Can you say when these posts were created? Also is the issue currently still occurring ?

Are you able to provide a link to the form on the frontend so that I can have a look ?

Thanks,
Shane

Pat
toolset1.jpg

Hi Shane
Thanks for taking care.
I've checked this issue on the last week and every day, I'm getting these kind of posts !
Here is a link where this issue occurs : hidden link

I have attached a screenshot of the database for info!
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to this site so that I can have a more detailed look ?

However I can assure you that Toolset won't create autodraft posts without an external interference.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Based on what I see the form is being spammed by russian based bots.

I would suggest that you increase the security of the site by blocking out regions that the site isn't targeting. Based on the site language its geared towards French customers so I would suggest blocking out regions that are not apart of the target audience.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your return.
I have added the plugin "iQ Block Country" and defined to block all countries except France and the result is that I'm still having some CRED Auto Draft posts !
Is there a way to avoid this?
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

I'm assuming here that you've already deleted the posts that were created. Once this happens again can you let me know and don't delete the posts as yet?

I will like to sample the contents of the Messages Post type to see what is happening this time. Given that i'm not able to access the form from my end means the blocking works.

Once i'm able to see the sample content again I can further advise.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat
Toolset1.jpg

Hi Shane,
You're right. All CRED Auto Draft posts have been deleted. Nevertheless, new posts have been created in the database, but no new message postypes are awailable in the wordpress admin! See the screenshot of the database attached?
I have unchecked the country IP blocking and you can now access the site.
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

I took a copy of the site to check on the issue further, as well as escalated this to our 2nd tier supporters to see if they can provide any insight on this one for us.

If any autodraft posts appear please do not delete them as we need to check these as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the continued patience.

This issue has now been resolved

So you should no longer be experiencing this once you're running the latest versions of our plugins.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the feedback.
Could you tell me which version of the Form plugin contains this improvement, as I have not been able to find it in the changelog?

Regards
Pat

Hello, Shane is out for a national holiday today. I took a quick look and it seems this issue was resolved in Forms 2.6.7. If you have follow-up questions about this, Shane will return tomorrow to continue assisting you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Based on the release information in the issue tracker for this, it was fixed in version 2.6.7 of Forms. Now we are on version 2.6.9

You may not see the specific issue being fixed as it could be part of a bigger issue that was fixed.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,
Thanks for the info. I'm in progress to update all my sites and will check thenafter if no more "CRED Auto Draft" posts are created.
I will come back to you if any issue found.
Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.