Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Match child post taxonomy to parent

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Match child post taxonomy to parent

Solution:
To attach the parent post terms to child posts automatically, I suggest you should use Toolset forms hook cred_save_data.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/match-child-post-taxonomy-to-parent/#post-1195977

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data
=> https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_object_terms

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidS-53 Il y a 5 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have a Single post template where I have a form to create a child post of a different type

I want to set the same taxonomy terms that the parent has for the child.

I can do this with regular text fields like this:

[cred_field field='make' value='[types field="make"][/types]' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

Is there an equivalent way to achieve this for taxonomy? Currently I have the below but it doesn't work:

[cred_field field='item' value='[wpv-post-taxonomy type="item"]' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I see you are using the checkbox field type to display the taxonomy terms. To attach the parent post terms to child posts automatically, I suggest you should use Toolset forms hook cred_save_data.

For example:

add_action('cred_save_data', 'func_set_parent_terms_to_child',20,2);
function func_set_parent_terms_to_child($post_id, $form_data){

// if a specific form

if ($form_data['id']==9999) {

$parent_post_id = 111;  // adjust your parent post ID here

$parent_terms = wp_get_object_terms( $parent_post_id, 'item', array('ids') ); 

if(!empty($parent_terms)) {

$parent_term_ids = array();

foreach($parent_terms as $parent_term) {

if($parent_term->term_id != '') {

$parent_term_ids[] = $parent_term->term_id;

}
            }

if(count($parent_term_ids) > 0) {

wp_set_object_terms( $post_id, $parent_term_ids , 'item' ); 

}
      }

}
}

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data
=> https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_set_object_terms

Thanks for your suggestion Minesh. Unfortunately the supplied code doesn't work... I've set the form ID correctly, and tried setting $parent_post_id using both $post_id and specifying it manually, and unfortunately the child post does not inherit the parent's "items"... Any idea why that might be?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - it will set automatically, this code will not affect GUI display but it will try to set parent taxonomy terms automatically.

Can you share problem URL and access details?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

OK, it's working now. I realised I still had the GUI for selecting taxonomy terms on my CRED form which must have been overwriting the terms the function was trying to save. Thanks!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.