Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Maps markers not displaying

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 11 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do? Show markers on a map

Is there any documentation that you are following? https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/#displaying-a-map-with-a-list-of-markers-coming-from-a-view

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems that you are using Visual Composer to build this page, right? Can you confirm how you added the map?
Can you also check if you have registered the correct Google Maps API at Toolset->Settings->Maps tab ?

I see with the problem URL you shared the map is displayed blank. To troubleshoot this issue further I need access details.

** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.**
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next reply will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Mark and thank you for the access information.

There was an issue within your view code, each marker should have a different id, I fixed it, but that did not help.
Then I created a native WordPress page and used the view on it and it did not work, then I deactivated all plugins and it worked. Check this image hidden link

After reactivating WPBakery Page Builder, the map on the native WordPress page was working but not the map inside the WPBakery Page Builder page. I suspect that there is a compatibility bug with Toolset Maps.
I tried to confirm that on a new installation on our platform and the issue was not reproduced, check this hidden link

Maybe it is an exception happening only on your website, I would need to take a Duplicator copy of your website to further investigate. Would you agree? If yes:
Send me duplicator package, you can follow the guidelines for the same with the following link:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the website copy. I was able to build it locally and investigate it.

First, I updated Toolset Views to the latest release(3.1.3), then with a compatibility test, it seems that the issue is happening with JetPack plugin, with all of your active plugins except JetPack the map renders the markers without issues, check this screenshot hidden link

I am not sure if JetPack is causing this issue only on my computer(different domain name), or if the issue is caused on your website by other components(server config, cache system). I would suggest the following:
1. *** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
2. Update Toolset Views to the latest release(3.1.3).
3. Deactivate JetPack temporarily and check if the map will be fixed, perform a hard refresh(ctrl+shift+R).

If the issue is fixed without JetPack, we will try to test on our platform to check why, or we will use your copy of the website to see why this is happening.

Hi Jamal, unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same issue when I de-activate Jetpack. Is there anything I can ask the web host to check?, thanks again

Jamal
Supporter

I tested again on your website with a draft page that only uses a view shortcode, no WPBakery modules. The map is not rendering markers even when JetPack is deactivated.
Maybe that was working on my local setup because JetPack has different modes between a registered site(yours) and unregistered sites(mine).

Anyway, I would like to run more tests, but I cannot log in to the staging site, every time I am redirected to the live site. Can you make sure that I'll be logged on the staging site with the provided access data?

Hi Jamal, thanks for your continued support with this issue, it is much appreciated!. Sorry I had deleted the staging website. I've put it back again now and everything is up to date.

If it helps I can get you the login details for the user that is registered with Jetpack, as well as the Jetpack login details?

Please note I always de-active WP Rocket when I create a staging copy, just in case it confuses things with the Cloudflare CDN. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, thanks

Mark

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for this new staging site. I run another compatibility test and the issue persists if one of the following plugins is activated:
- JetPack.
- Yoast.

I tried to reproduce it on my test install with Yoast but the issue is not reproduced. Before testing with JetPack, I'll approach our 2nd Tier for assistance and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Jamal, much appreciated 🙂

Jamal
Supporter

Hello there,

Our 2nd Tier was able to work on the duplicator package of my local copy and he founds that the issue is actually caused by a conflict with Yoast and your child theme. The issue does not appear with Yoast and a default theme, it does not appear with the parent Genesis theme. Only with the child theme.

Child themes are where users introduce customizations, and so we won’t debug them, it’s outside the scope of support. You will need to work through your child theme or the functions.php file and try to isolate what specifically causes the problem. If you can identify what but you can't understand why let us know and we'll see how we can help.

Best regards,
Jamal

Ok thanks Jamal, I'll see if I can work it out and I will let you know how I go, thanks Mark

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Mark and thank you for your feedback.

I'll set this ticket as waiting for user feedback until you replied back. The ticket should remain open for 3 weeks.

Best regards,
Jamal

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Maps markers not displaying’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.