Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Manually entered values in Filter

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Craig Il y a 4 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
2019-10-24_11-26-16.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I currently have a Filter which uses a dropdown menu to select a specific home and it will then display the results for that particular home, which works as expected (see attached screen grab for setup I currently have). However, I have been asked to amend the dropdown to list the results form homes form a geographical area instead of just individual homes.

e.g. there are 2 homes in the "West Coast" area, 5 homes in the Edinburgh & Lothian" area and 4 homes in the "Scottish Borders" area.

In the dropdown menu I would like to have the following – "Show All", "West Coast", Edinburgh & Lothian" and "Scottish Borders".

If I select "West Coast", I would like the results from both West Coast homes
If I select "Edinburgh & Lothian" I would like the results from all 5 homes in that area displayed
If I select "Scottish Borders" I would like the results from all 4 homes in that area displayed.

Is this possible and if so, how do I go about this?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I will need to provide login details to let you be able to see the page in question if required.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such feature available to implement such a dependent dropdown especially when you configured your values for your filter manually.

The only way to display the dependent filter is using post type. To implement such functionality - You should check the following example:
=> hidden link
- Please check “State” and “City” dropdowns with the search form where state and city both configured as post types and having one to many relationships between state and city.

To know more and learn about how the "State" and "City" drop-down setup, You can register test site on discover-wp.com to review how its setup and play with it. It’s totally free: http://www.discover-wp.com

2019-10-24_12-25-06.png

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for the reply. However, it's not really what I am looking for, as all I am trying to do really is to group some of the items together so that if they were selected from the dropdown, both sets of results would be shown.

I have attached a screen grab showing what I would like to achieve, or maybe I am being too simplistic and it does require some relationships set up.

Minesh
Supporter

If I select "West Coast", I would like the results from both West Coast homes
==> Based on the screenshot you shared, how to know what option belongs to "West Coast"

If I select "Edinburgh & Lothian" I would like the results from all 5 homes in that area displayed
==> Based on the screenshot you shared, how to know what option belongs to "Edinburgh & Lothian"

This simply means how to group the options by "West Coast" or "Edinburgh & Lothian"? There is no way.

Thanks Minesh,

I will look at adding in a relationship so that the correct homes can be selected when an area is chosem.

Much appreciated that you looked into this for me though.

Kind regards,
Craig

Minesh
Supporter

Great. Thank you. Please feel free to mark resolve this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.