Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Making the filter drop downs *Required

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I have a custom search View with two control fields. I would like to require the User to select a value in both fields before any results are shown. As it is now, when the page loads all the results are shown. I would like to show no results.

Solution: @e have an API that is helpful for this situation: wpv_filter_query_post_process. This will allow you to intercept the search results and test the query. If either option is blank, or 0, show no results.

// custom filter that shows no search results if either filter is empty
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query_post_process', 'drop_empty_search_query_post_process', 10, 3 );
function drop_empty_search_query_post_process( $query, $view_settings, $view_id ) {
    $ids = array(12345);
    if (in_array($view_id, $ids)){
      if (
        // supplier type filter needs to check for not '0' as well as not empty
        ( isset($_GET['wpv-supplier-category']) && $_GET['wpv-supplier-category'] != '0' )
          &&
        // location filter needs to check for not '0' as well as not empty
        ( isset($_GET['wpv-area-served']) && $_GET['wpv-area-served'] != '0' )
      ) {
      } else {
        $query->posts = array();
        $query->found_posts = 0;
        $query->post_count = 0;
      }
    }
    return $query;
}

Replace 12345 with the numeric ID of this View. You can customize the "No results found" message in the View's Loop Output editor panel.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query_post_process

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by davidL-10 Il y a 5 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have two search fields.
Supplier type and Location.
If both are left blank we get
/supplier-search/?wpv-supplier-category=0&wpv-area-served=0

And this lists Everything. = Meltdown.

I would like the filter option to be required before we can submit s search/filter.

I have tried writing redirects for each but they don't always work.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Nope

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi, we have an API that is helpful for this situation: wpv_filter_query_post_process. This will allow you to intercept the search results and test the query. If either option is blank, or 0, show no results. Here's an example:

// custom filter that shows no search results if either filter is empty
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query_post_process', 'drop_empty_search_query_post_process', 10, 3 );
function drop_empty_search_query_post_process( $query, $view_settings, $view_id ) {
    $ids = array(12345);
    if (in_array($view_id, $ids)){
      if (
        // supplier type filter needs to check for not '0' as well as not empty
        ( isset($_GET['wpv-supplier-category']) && $_GET['wpv-supplier-category'] != '0' )
          &&
        ( isset($_GET['wpv-area-served']) && $_GET['wpv-area-served'] != '0' )
      ) {
      } else {
        $query->posts = array();
        $query->found_posts = 0;
        $query->post_count = 0;
      }
    }
    return $query;
}

Replace 12345 with the numeric ID of this View. You can customize the "No results found" message in the View's Loop Output editor panel. More information about this API:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query_post_process

Awesome - thanks a mill

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 18.12.27.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 18.12.15.png

No - Should have tested first.

Not making any difference.

Oh I see that there is one issue, the example I was working from tested whether either filter was set, but your setup should test whether both filters are set. So the code should use && instead of || between the conditional clauses. That's the only thing that I would change right now:

&&

If this doesn't resolve the issue, I'll need to take a closer look. I will provide private reply fields here so you can share login credentials.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.