Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Login form still not translated totally

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 2 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

This issue was discussed for example here 4 years ago: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/login-forms-not-translated-totally/
But it seems still the shortcode [wpv-login-form] produces only partly translated login form. The password and button is translated, but still there is "Username or Email" in English.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Katja,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Usually not all the strings will come translated pre-packaged. Some strings will need to be translated using a translation plugin such as WPML with the String translationsions module.

This will scan your theme/plugins to pick up strings that have been partially translated. It could perhaps be a case where the string in question has not yet been translated to the language that you're using.

So I would recommend the use of WPML and the String Translations module to translate the text in question.

Failing this you will need to use the solution in the thread below to manually translate the texts.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/translate-password-reset-form/#post-514886

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
Yes I understand this, but this "partly translated login" is only Toolset feature. If I change to for example Woocommerce's login, all the strings are translated. Also the default wp login is translated with the themes I have used this. So there's definetly something wrong/different in the way Toolset login is translated.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Katja,

The most I can do at this point is to point you to the feature request form so that you can suggest an improvement to our development team so that they can have this translated.

To open a feature request you will need to go to the link below.
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

From there you will need to provide as much detail about the feature as possible.

Once you've submitted the feature request it will be reviewed by our team and assigned a priority based on user requests for said feature.

It should be noted as well that this can take a bit of time to go through the entire process.

The only other alternative is to use WPML to translate the strings or use the solution that was provided in the link below.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/translate-password-reset-form/#post-514886

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, ok thank you. It's just odd that Noman says back then in 2017 "Just adding a note here: This has been updated and will be included in Toolset Views v2.5". But ok, I will report this again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Katja,

Thank you I did a check on the escalated ticket that Noman had on this. It appears that they made the text translatable rather than having it translated.

What I mean by this is that the default wordpress form says "Username or Email Address" but when we render the form we use our own text "Username or Email" which doesn't have a default translation under wordpress, so the text will need to be translated manually or with WPML.

Either way having the feature request sent will provide them with additional information for any changes to be made.

If there aren't any further queries then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved when ready.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.