Skip Navigation

[Résolu] LInk to Parent Post missing from notification email when child post is published

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 7 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I have a parent post CPT (websites) and a child CPT for Reviews.
When someone completes a Review, there are two notification emails. Firstly, it emails me to approve the draft Review post, then after the status changes to Published, it emails the author of the Review.

In the first notification email to the admin, I include reference to %%POST_PARENT_TITLE%% and this successfully pulls the parent post title through, so that I know which Website the Review is about.

However, I cannot get this info (%%POST_PARENT_TITLE%%) to appear in the email that goes to the author and more importantly, the %%POST_PARENT_LINK%%, so that they can click through to the Parent post, and see their Review on the page.

What could be wrong please?

thanks
Alan

Are those notifications in the Same CRED Form?

Then is shoudl work, as it applies to the first notifcation, it should so to the second one.

If not, can you elaborate on the setup, so I can quickly reproduce this, as it might be a bug?

I appreaciate the additional information.

It's also important to know, where from you trigger the second notification.
I mean, you personally, do you edit (publish) the post in the WP Backend or from the CRED form where to the notification is attached to?

Hello Beda,

Thanks for looking at this for me.

Yes, both notifications are set up within the same cred post form.

Notification 1: After submission, it emails me to let me know that there is a review I need to approve.
I then log in and manually publish the post from the wp back end, which triggers -
Notification 2: an email is sent to the author of the review, but it fails to include the parent post link or parent post title.

Grateful for your advice!

Many thanks
Alan

I think this is because %%placeholder%% is for a CRED form parent, and you should use the Types / Views ShortCode instead in the second notification.

Can you try this?
You can use [wpv-post-title id='$parent_post_type_slug']

Does that work?

Sorry Beda, that didn't work.

I notice that in the second notification, the Parent Info Placehold Form codes are not even anymore available in the GUI.

Is that the case as well in your install?
Did you copy manually the codes to the second notification?

Anyway I made some tests, and neither with backend, nor with CRED Front end Forms, I can send Parent Infos via notification.

And it's not any better in the current RC.

I will report this to the Developers, please stand by.

cred body codes.jpg

It's strange you should say that, because when I first tried to set up the notification, I could not find the body codes for the parent title / parent link etc. I'm pretty sure they didn't appear in the "body codes" list.

But later in the day when I looked at it again, they were there.
I've just checked again now, and they still appear in the list. - screenshot attached.

Yes, there is a problem.
I found out, when you use the FIRST notification in a row of notifications the body code for parents are there.
Not so in subsequent Notifications.

Also I observer the same as you, they appear "sporadically"

There is a problem and the DEV is on it.

Please stand by.

This is an update to notify you we have fixed this problem when you trigger the notification from a CRED Form.

But, it is not yet fixed when you change the Post Status (or a Custom Field) directly in the WP Admin.

Therefore I can not yet present a Patch or any other solution.

I apologize that it will take some more time.

As the issue regarding purely CRED Forms is fixed, but not the WP Admin side, I will set this to "Fixed in next release".

With CRED 1.9 we plan to fix also this part.
I can though not promise this and mention a ETA yet.

I will keep you up to date in regard.

This is solved in the Current Stable Toolset Release.

Please update them, so you can move on with the development.

Thank you for your patience

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.