Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Layouts 1.8.6 Still Has Problems – WPML simple_language_selector Select 2

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by George Il y a 7 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
toolset bugs.jpg

When editing Layouts, I am still getting errors / not able to save layouts still. Error seems to be related to WPML language switcher on backend:

The toolset_select2('destroy') method was called on an element that is not using Select2. - /plugins/layouts/inc/gui/editor/js/ddl-wpml-box.js

Uncaught TypeError: WPML_Core.simple_language_selector.initialize_toolset_select2 is not a function

Please please please try to fix this bug ASAP. Have been waiting to update for weeks now, but things keep breaking on our dev site. We're stuck on a CRED version with problems because of this.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi George

I created a test installation locally with the latest Toolset and WPML plugins installed and was eventually able to recreate the problem shown in your screenshot.

I have escalated this thread to our second tier for further investigation and will report back to you as soon as there are any developments.

Thanks for your patience.

Nigel
Supporter

George

You said ASAP, so I'm reporting the findings here.

You can apply this fix yourself, or wait until an errata with a patch is prepared or the next release is published.

You need to locate line 49 of the file: layouts/inc/gui/editor/js/ddl-wpml-box.js

and change this:

WPML_Core.simple_language_selector.initialize_toolset_select2();

to this:

WPML_Core.simple_language_selector.initialize_select2();

If you do update it yourself please let me know whether that fixes the error, thanks.

Thank you Nigel! I'm going to apply this and report back. A+

Nigel
Supporter

Great, let me know how you get on.

An errata has now been published with the fix: https://toolset.com/errata/javascript-select2-error-console-saving-layout-wpml-active/

Works great Nigel. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.