Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Is it possible to have three levels of nested taxonomy views?

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by bronwenS Il y a 7 années.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I have managed to get two nested taxonomy views to work, but is it possible to add a third level of taxonomy?

E.g.:
Category A
- Topic A
- - Subtopic A
- - Subtopic B
- Topic B
- - Subtopic C
- - Subtopic D

Category B
- Topic C etc...

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Chinois simplifié (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear Bronwen,

Yes, it is possible within Views, same as two level nested view, you can create the third view with same filter:
Select taxonomy terms whose parent is the value set by the parent view.

and put the third view into the second level view. Please let me if you need more assistance for it.

I now have several nested taxonomy views but if I put a post view inside the last taxonomy view, it will only inherit terms from the immediate parent view and not the grandparent taxonomy view.

E.g.
Grandparent Taxonomy View (Objects = Fruits or Vegetables)
- Parent Taxonomy View (Colour = Green or Red)
- Post View: filter by parent for colour and objects doesn't work (no posts found), filter by parent for colour alone shows all posts that are Green (all Green Fruits and all Green Vegetables).

Is there a way to inherit filters from the grandparent view?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Chinois simplifié (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

In your case, I can't see there is any relationship between Taxonomy "Objects" and "Colour". so it is not possible to "inherit filters from the grandparent view".
I suggest you try merge them into one custom Taxonomy, for example:
Taxonomy "Objects and Colour"
-- Fruits
---- Green
---- Red
-- Vegetables
---- Green
---- Red

1) grandparent view list top level terms of Taxonomy "Objects and Colour"
2) parent view list terms of Taxonomy "Objects and Colour" under grandparent view
3) child view list posts of parent view

thanks