Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Infinite scrolling with Pre-load pages issue

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by arisG Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

we have created a WordPress Archive with infinity scrolling and the following configuration

- Pagination enabled with manual transition and AJAX
- Transition effect: infinity scrolling
- Tolerance: -500 (To add LoadMore Button)
- and the following js code to prevent auto infinity scrolling

jQuery(function($){
WPViews.view_pagination.is_infinite_triggable = function(view_layout){return false; }
});

Everything works as expected until we checked the "Pre-load the next and previous pages - avoids loading delays when users move between pages"

Now when we are the bottom of the page and we clicked the LoadMore button, the page loads the next 10 items but the screen stays at the bottom and you can not even notice the new items. The correct action is to append the list and the viewport from the button where was before after the loadmore should show new items

I can't easily explain what happens but think that you hit the button, new posts are loaded but you are again in the same position at the footer with the new items listed above.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Views doesn't provide a Load More functionality, we have an internal feature request ticket about this and I've added this thread to it.

If you are implementing a custom solution then it would be expected that some of the settings may not work as expected.

You don't describe how your Load More button works. If you can tell me that I may be able to offer some advice. And do you have a link where I can see your solution in action?

Hello Nigel,

we can provide you a URL to our testing environment if you want to investigate. We have disabled all plugins and we use the default WordPress theme. After more testing, we have concluded that the issue exists also in the infinity scrolling without the LoadMore button. If the end of the posts loop from the WordPress Archive is close enough to the bottom of the page then the next items loaded correctly but if the end of the loop post is let's say in the middle of the page the next items are loaded above and the infinity triggered again and again

Thank you!

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, please, can I get access to your site to see the problem for myself?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you confirm the url of where I can see the problem.

Nigel
Supporter

I tried to log in but it says there is a problem with the username or password.

Could you please check, and edit your previous private reply as needed?

Sorry, it was wrong the admin URL. You can try again now

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thank you. I see the issue, and I've reproduced the problem on my own test site.

The results are inserted in the right place (after the existing results) but the scroll position is wrong, you end up looking at the last of the new results instead of the first one (and this can trigger continued refreshes).

I've escalated that so that it can be shared with the developers, and I'll let you know when I have some feedback to share.

Hello,

do we have any update from the devs?

thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

I'm afraid not.

We are well into the current dev cycle which is devoted to new and improving current features, and the next cycle will focus on a backlog of usability issues and bugfixes, and the ticket for this issue is assigned to that board.

I don't have an ETA but I expect it will be a few weeks.

Nigel
Supporter

The fix for this was included in today's release of Views 3.3.2/Blocks 1.3.2, if you could please update and verify.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.