Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Including File Size

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by donaldM-2 Il y a 5 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have this page on my site. hidden link

I made a CPT called Files and then I have categories so I can separate them. I have the files showing and it all works great. Is there a way to pull in the file size automatically and display it on the front end so the person downloading knows how big it is? preferably in MB.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - there is no native feature available to display the file size but you can create a custom shortcode to display the size of PDF file.

1) Create a custom shortcode [display-pdf-size], add below codes into your theme file functions.php:

add_shortcode('display-pdf-size', function($atts){
   global $post;
    $atts = shortcode_atts( array(
        'pdf_url' =>'' ,
        'meta_name' => 'size',
    ), $atts );

$res = '';
    $file = get_attached_file( $atts['pdf_url'] );

switch($atts['meta_name']){
          case 'size':
            $res = size_format(filesize( $file ));
            break;
    }
    return $res;
});

2) Use the custom shortcode as given under:

[display-pdf-size meta_name="size" pdf_url="pass-here-PDF-URL"]

So I inserted the shortcode from step two, and add the field like so:

[display-pdf-size meta_name="size" pdf_url="[types field='document' output='raw'][/types]"]

Then add the step 1 code to the functions file. Do I need to register the shortcode somewhere? Im not seeing the size on the page.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I do not think you need to register this shortcode anywhere.

Can I have access details so I can check what's going wrong there?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've adjust the code as given under:

add_shortcode('display-pdf-size', function($atts){
   global $post;
    $atts = shortcode_atts( array(
        'pdf_url' =>'' ,
        'meta_name' => 'size',
    ), $atts );

$res = '';

$attachment_id = attachment_url_to_postid($atts['pdf_url']);

$file = get_attached_file($attachment_id);

switch($atts['meta_name']){
          case 'size':
            $res = size_format(filesize( $file ));
            break;
    }
    return $res;
});

In addition to that, I've removed the above code from your functions.php file and instead I've added to Toolset's Custom Code section.
=> hidden link

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.