Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Images form term fields not showing different sizes

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 5 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Capture.JPG

I am trying to show a thumbnail size image for this sector grid

hidden link

The sectors are taxonomies for a CPT and the image comes form a image term field, when I add this code into the view

[types termmeta='sector-image' size='thumbnail' url='true'][/types]

I expected to see in the front end the thumbnail image (the one that is sized 150 x 150), Instead, I got the full image. I even changed the size parameter from "thumbnail" to "medium" and "large" and no dice, it stills appear the full image.

Can you help me please?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-05 um 14.58.01.png

It's strange, you do not have Toolset Views or Toolset Types installed, which are both required for that sort of Output.

But I see that you have the Fields created in the ScreenShot.

Is this a different site that you are requesting help for?
In that case, we need always the related Debug Information.

I created a View and queried taxonomies where I previously had added some Images as a Term Field.
I then output those with:

[types termmeta='tmer-image' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='thumbnail' align='none' resize='proportional'][/types]

That works fine. I see just thumbnails.

1. Is this working for Post Fields?
==> If not it may be that your Theme does not register the Thumbnail size
2. What are the steps to replicate this issue?

The ShortCode as you share it, outputs an URL of the Image, with a proper 150x150 size attribute (since it calls the theme generated Thumbnail)

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

It's strange, you do not have Toolset Views or Toolset Types installed, which are both required for that sort of Output

Yes they are installed and activated, we are working on a multisite platform and they are network activated

But I see that you have the Fields created in the ScreenShot.
Is this a different site that you are requesting help for?

The Screenshot is from the same site where I'm having problems with.

I created a View and queried taxonomies where I previously had added some Images as a Term Field.
I then output those with:

[types termmeta='tmer-image' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='thumbnail' align='none' resize='proportional'][/types]
That works fine. I see just thumbnails.

I've just used the exact same code that you are sending me here (just changed the termmeta parameter to 'sector-image' instead of 'tmer-image' to match my slug ) and still no luck. I'll send you the screen shots.

1. Is this working for Post Fields?
==> If not it may be that your Theme does not register the Thumbnail size

yes it does works on post fields, the theme registers thumbnails just fine, check this link out

hidden link

2. What are the steps to replicate this issue?

First you should be aware that we are working on a multisite network and using bootstrap 3.

To replicate the issue:

Create a Custom Post type, let's call it "Opportunities" with the singular name of "opportunity";

Create a Taxonomy called "Sectors" with the singular name or "Sector"; and assign it to Opportunities CPT

Create a term field group called "Sector Fields" assigned to "Sectors" taxonomy, that contains a image field called "Sector Image".

Hover on "Opportunities CPT" at the left menu and click on "Sectors" taxonomy add a sector and with the name of "Aircraft Maintenance" and upload any image on the "Sector Fields" and hit the "Add New Sector" button.

Go to views and create a new one called "Grid for Sectors" with this code;

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<div class="gridElements">
  <div class="row text-center">
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop>
      <div class="col-sm-4">
        <div class="sector">
          <a href="[wpv-taxonomy-url]">
            [types termmeta='sector-image' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='thumbnail' align='none' resize='proportional'][/types]
            <h3>[wpv-taxonomy-title]</h3>
          </a>
        </div>
      </div>
    </wpv-loop>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
  </div>
</div>
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

create page that calls the "Grid for Sectors" view with this code:

[wpv-view name="grid-for-sectors"]

check the front end of this page in your browser

The ShortCode as you share it, outputs an URL of the Image, with a proper 150x150 size attribute (since it calls the theme generated Thumbnail)

Yes I know, but as you can see here hidden link it is not working as expected.

thanks a lot for your help, please let me know.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Would you mind providing us with a duplicator package of the website so that we can perform some tests on this locally ?

To provide the duplicator package please have a look at the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

I wouldn't be able to use this to check .

Would it be possible to gain access to the site instead?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.