Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Image validation causing CRED edit form submission to fail

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Image validation issue on CRED edit post form

Solution:
This issue is known to us and we already shared a hotfix in order to resolve this issue:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/required-image-fields-cred-form-will-appear-not-set-re-upload-new-image/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Robert Campbell Il y a 6 années.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I am building a typical membership site where members can create and edit content from the front end.

I have a CRED form to allow members to edit existing posts.

Here is the problem:-

One of the custom fields is an image. If I set that image field to 'required' then the edit CRED form fails when the user presses submit.

If the user changes the image to another image then the submit works correctly.

If I remove the 'required' from the image field definition, then the submit form always works correctly.

I have provided a log in for you to review the problem.

Once logged in:-

Click the 'Member Admin' menu item.
I have created a test post for you to check out the problem.
Click the link 'edit draft listing'. This takes you to CRED form 'edit-member'
Now without changing any fields in the CRED form, click 'Preview'
You will see that the CRED form submission fails.

So two more checks:-

If you now change the image in the CRED form, then click 'Preview' then the CRED form submission works correctly.
If you go to the Edit Post Field Group 'members' and untick the 'required' in the custom post field 'member-image' then the problem disappears.

I have tried recreating the custom image field but the problem is still there. This might be a CRED bug?

I would appreciate your help to solve this issue.

Regards

Robert

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The issue you reported is looks like known to us and we already offered hotfix for that.

Could you please try to resolve your issue by following instruction given with the following link:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/required-image-fields-cred-form-will-appear-not-set-re-upload-new-image/

Thanks Minesh. I downloaded the patch and the problem is fixed.

Best regards

Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.