Skip Navigation

[Résolu] How to add link text to url?

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
I want to add custom text to the link of an URL Field created by Toolset Types.
How?

Solution:
You can have Links saved in a URL Field with a custom label for the link coming from another field, you can either use the ShortCode like the below

[types field='url' title='[types field="my_title_field"]'][/types]

or, a custom HTML link like the below

<a href="[types field='url' output='raw'][/types]">[types field='my_title_field' output='raw'][/types]</a>

Note that the URL should be saved in an URL Field.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by PawelS4412 Il y a 4 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to make custom field in a way that on output it will be possibile to add "text filed" and "url to link it" (on one field)

Is it possible? If you will send me some code please give me also instruction how to use it (I am basic here)

I am not sure what you mean, please correct me if wrong, however, if you plan to output Links saved in a Field with a custom label for the link coming from another field, you can either use the ShortCode like [types field='url' title='[types field="my_title_field"]'][/types] or, a custom HTML link like the below

<a href="[types field='url' output='raw'][/types]">[types field='my_title_field' output='raw'][/types]</a>

Note that the URL should be saved in an URL Field.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.