Skip Navigation

[Fermé] How to edit a post created on the frontend?

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I have put an edit link on my single post page on the frontend. This links to the content template that displays the edit post form. It shows up as expected and only for posts by the current user which is great. However, when I click the link, the content of the page remains on the page and the form appears in the main WordPress content area. The page is created in Elementor. Is this normal behaviour? You can see an example post here:

hidden link

When editing it, the form appears where it says content and all the other aspects remain

Yes unfortunately when Elementor is involved, the post content is also displayed on the same page as the Form to edit that post. It's expected. This is a result of the way Elementor and Toolset's content template system fight for control over who determines what to display on the page.

Hi Christian,

So how do I have the edit post form appear on its own page? I dont actually want it to appear on the post page any way.

David

You can use the "post" attribute in a cred_form shortcode:

[cred_form form="120" post="145"]

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form

If you place the Form in another page, it will probably involve using a URL parameter to provide the post ID, and using the wpv-search-term shortcode to pass that URL param into the post attribute.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] How to edit a post created on the frontend?’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.