Skip Navigation

[Résolu] how to change from Layouts to content templates with layouts 1.9 beta1

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
changing from layout to content templ.PNG
changing from layout to content templ_02.PNG

Hi Nigel,
happy new year!

I am trying to:
make some
Single Artist page (Artist + her Events)
All Artists page (all Artists + their Events)
Single Event page (Event + its Artists)
All Events page (all Events + list of Artists for each)

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-views/part-9-many-many-relationships/

I have tried with Fussballerr (Artist) -> fussballer-verein (appearance) -> Vereine (Events)

view: (Vereine single Fussballer page) and
content templ: (single fussballer)

But I can´t change from the layout templ to the new "single fussballer" content template. Maybe a bug insite layout 1.9 beta1. because have not to use layouts for Post types in the future.

how to do this things like:
Single Artist page (Artist + her Events)
All Artists page (all Artists + their Events)
Single Event page (Event + its Artists)
All Events page (all Events + list of Artists for each)
with layouts 1.9?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henry,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You are saying that you are not able to assign a content template to your Post Correct?

What happens when you revert to our previous version of Layouts version 1.8.10 ?

Are you able to select a content template to be used on the posts?

how to do this things like:

1. Single Artist page (Artist + her Events)

To do this you will need to create a content template to display the Artist itself and layout the content how you want it.

For her events you will need to create a view that will list out all the events and then you will need to add a filter to the event that will only list out the events of the current Artist and then add that view to the content template.

2. All Artists page (all Artists + their Events)

So for this you will need to create a view that will list out all the views and another view that will list out only the events of each artist. A tutorial for a nested view can be found in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

3. Single Event page (Event + its Artists)

For this I would need to see how you have set this up to see how best we can get this running but it should just be another view.

4. Events page (all Events + list of Artists for each)

This is similar to the response above.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.