Skip Navigation

[Fermé] How Do I Enter a ShortCode Inside Enfold Advanced Layout Builder Element?

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Caridad Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 3.30.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 3.28.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 3.22.30 AM.png

I am trying to: Enter a custom field short code (Views shortcode inserting a custom field from a CPT) into my Enfold Theme Advanced Layout Builder Elements. However, the ALB elements are shortcodes themselves, so I am essentially trying to put a shortcode within a shortcode.

I visited this URL: My admin panel at hidden link

I expected to see: The custom field output into the shortcode upon publishing the live page.

Instead, I got: Errors within the ALB element, taking the styling of that element and jumbling it all inside of it as part of its description.

Please see screen shots of the "Trade Now" button for example to get a better idea of what I am trying to accomplish. I am also trying to utilize Views to insert the custom fields for my image, but that should be a whole other support topic.

Shortcodes in WordPress are processed by the do_shortcode() function and its applied by default to the content area. Maybe your theme has a hook where you can call do_shortcode on the cell contents?

I'm really not sure what you're saying, I am not an advanced coder and that's why I purchased Views in the first place, so I don't need to do php etc. I don't know what hooks exactly are or how to use them.

Each of the elements in my theme is called by a short code, so to put a Views shortcode inside of them throws an error in the layout builder. In order for me to include a do_shortcode wouldn't I have to be able to include php in my page?

Maybe I didn't understand you properly in the first place. You said you got "Errors within the ALB element, taking the styling of that element and jumbling it all inside of it as part of its description."

Can I see that? Do you have a development site to share access or at least a URL where I can inspect the HTML? I have marked your next reply as private.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] How Do I Enter a ShortCode Inside Enfold Advanced Layout Builder Element?’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.