Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Hook for adding a custom field in WC email

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 3 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Pat

Hello,

I have a site with Toolset and WC. As it is not possible to manage variable products in front end with Toolset, I'm trying to find a workaround.
Inside the standard WC product, I have inserted a WC forms that enables to chose between different products (here, these products are just used to define the price of the initial product).
No issue until there, but now, I need to insert the title of the initial product inside the WC emails. For this, WC propose a hook :

/**
 * Add a custom field (in an order) to the emails
 */
add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields', 'custom_woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields', 10, 3 );

function custom_woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields( $fields, $sent_to_admin, $order ) {
    $fields['meta_key'] = array(
        'label' => __( 'Label' ),
        'value' => get_post_meta( $order->id, 'meta_key', true ),
    );
    return $fields;
}

In addition, only some specific products should be managed like this (the single products do not need it and should be treated as a standard products).
My question is : how can I merge the WC hook in the same time than a cred_save_data hook that will be created for the specific Forms that will be used ?

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that you want to run/trigger the hook you added "woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields" when you have variable product? If yes:

As this is a standard WC hook I suggest you should contact WC support as there is no way to merge two hooks that is standard WC hook and Toolset cred_save_data hook.

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for coming back.
Perhaps I did not have been clear : I want that the "cred_save_data" issued by the Forms lauch in the same time the "woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields" function in orde rto add the related fields to the current order.
Hope this clarify the need.
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

As I understand - you want to trigger the hook "woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields" from within the"cred_save_data" hook?

Pat

Yes Minesh,

As I want to launch this hook only for certain products (defined where the Forms is placed - using conditional display for this).
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Once you setup and configure your hook "woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields" with add_filter().

Within the cred_save_data action, what if you try to call the filter. For example - something like as given under:

function custom_woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields( $fields, $sent_to_admin, $order ) {
    $fields['meta_key'] = array(
        'label' => __( 'Label' ),
        'value' => get_post_meta( $order->id, 'meta_key', true ),
    );
    return $fields;
}

add_action('cred_save_data','func_set_featured_product',10,2);
function func_set_featured_product($post_id,$form_data) {

if ($form_data['id']==9999) {

add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields', 'custom_woocommerce_email_order_meta_fields', 10, 3 );

}
}

Where:
- Replace '9999' with your Toolset form ID

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Thanks, I will test this and let you know if any issue.
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.