Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Gutenberg output in Layouts independent of Post Content

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 5 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I am developing this site utilizing Gutenberg. I have a plugin (Block Gallery) which creates a Carousel I'd like to use, but I cannot get it to work unless I insert it directly in the Page and display it via the "Post Content" element in Layouts.

Is there a way where I can include the block directly in Layouts so that it is in its own Row, and not inside the same container as the remainder of the post content?

I tried creating a new custom post type, Gutenberg enabled, and created the block in a post there, but when I include that output in the Layout either via a View or via a Content Template, the functionality is lost and the carousel images are just displayed one after the other.

Perhaps this is not possible at present and if so I'll go a different direction, but I didn't know if there perhaps was a way to insert a Gutenberg block directly into a Layout.

An interesting followup. I continued experimenting on my own and found that if I inserted a Block Gallery block into the Post Editor, then the View inserted into its own Row via Layouts began to function. As a workaround at present, I am inserting a dummy block of that type into the post then hiding it via CSS - the block included via View into the Layout still functions.

If there's a way to include the functionality into my post and/or Layout in a different way that's cleaner that would obviously be good. Maybe I'm missing an easier way to make this happen. Thanks for your time.

Edit-as-HTML.JPG

Hello,

I assume we are talking about this plugin download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-gallery/

You are right, there isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset Layouts plugin:
include the block directly in Layouts so that it is in its own Row ...

I have tried "block-gallery" plugin in my localhost, after insert a "Block Gallery Carousel block", you can get the actually HTML codes by this:
Edit that "Block Gallery Carousel block"-> click "Edit as HTML", see screenshot Edit-as-HTML.JPG,

Then you cancopy all HTML codes in it, and in the layout create a "Visual Editor" cell, switch to HTML editor
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/rich-content-cell-text-images-html/

paste those HTML codes into the "Visual Editor" cell, and test again.

BTW, there is similar feature in "Slider Cell" of Layouts plugin:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/slider-cell/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.