Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Getting Map Markers to display on map in archive page

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by joshM-4 Il y a 6 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 9.50.10 AM.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have embedded a map in an archive page that is also using parametric search. I'm trying to get the properties to display as markers in the map but for some reason it's not working. I also want the map results to update when the search is updated (I assume this works but since I'm not able to get the markers to show up I don't know for sure). I have added the address field to the custom post type and entered the addresses for multiple listings, so there should be marker data to be populated.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes—https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/ . The only thing I can think of with this is that it designates setting the map and markers in a View; does that mean it won't work in an archive?

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes—hidden link & hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Dear Josh,

I assume we are talking about this page:
hidden link

The google map should be able to work in the archive page too, please check these:
1) Follow our document to setup a Views WordPress archive:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/
2) And I checked HTML source code of above page:
view-source:hidden link
There isn't any map marker in it, I suggest you enable the "debug" attribute of map marker shortcode, to check if there is anything wrong, for example:
[wpv-map-marker ... debug='true']
3) If the problem still persists, please try to deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

Hi Luo,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. The debug was helpful. Looks like I had enabled the Geolocation API instead of the Geocoding API. Once I fixed that it started working properly.

Have a good one,
Josh

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.