Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Get parent post id and meta field is not working in cred_save_data

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I have a Form that is used to create child post in a one-to-many post relationship. I would like to get the value of a custom field from the related parent post in a cred_save_data callback, but it does not seem to be working.

Solution: The relationship is not yet set in a cred_save_data hook, so you can either use the cred_submit_complete hook instead, or access the parent post ID directly from the parent select field in the $_POST superglobal.

$parent_post_id = $_POST['@relationshipslug_parent'];
$parent_field_value = get_post_meta( $parent_post_id, 'wpcf-fieldslug', true);

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Auteur
Publications

I have a toolset form (id=1138) to add a CPT 'phv'.
In this form I first select a parent posttype 'persoon' based on a relationship that i called 'relatie_personen_phvs' (1 'persoon' can have multiple 'phv') and then I can enter the rest of the fields.
I need the field 'persoon_geboortedatum' (date of birth) stored in the parent post 'persoon' to calculate something by using PHP.

My problem is that I get 0 returned as the related post id, so my code below is not working correctly but I am unable to find the issue:

For debugging purposes: I am trying to get the post id of the related parent post in a field aphv.

function calculate_fields( $post_id ) {

if ( get_post_type( $post_id ) == 'phv' ) {

$aphv_male = 0;
$aphv_female = 0;

// Bereken aantal jaren van geboortedatum
// eerst de post id ophalen van de persoon
$related_post = toolset_get_related_post( $post_id, 'relatie_personen_phvs', 'parent' );
//$related_post = toolset_get_related_post( $post_ID, array('phv', 'persoon') );

// $dateOfBirth = date ("Y-m-d",(get_post_meta($related_post, 'wpcf-persoon_geboortedatum', true)));
$dateOfBirth = get_post_meta($related_post, 'wpcf-persoon_geboortedatum', true);
$today = date ("Y-m-d");
// $c = date_diff(date_create($dateOfBirth), date_create($today));

$datetime1 = date_create($dateOfBirth);
$datetime2 = date_create($today);
$diff = date_diff($datetime1, $datetime2);
$c = floor($diff->format("%y"));

// Metingen
$a = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-phv_lengte', true);
$b = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-phv_zithoogte', true);
$d = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-phv_gewicht', true);

// Bereken APHV voor jongens
// $aphv_male = '-9.236' + ('0.0002708'*(($a-$b)*$b)) + ('-0.001663'*($c*($a-$b))) + ('0.007216'*($c*$b)) + ('0.02292'*(($d/$a)*'100'));
// $aphv_male = $a + $b + floor($c) + $d;
$aphv_male = $related_post;

// $aphv_female = '-9.376' + ('0.0001882'*(($a-$b)*$b)) + ('0.0022'*($c*($a-$b))) + ('0.005841'*($c*$b)) - ('0.002658'*($c*$d)) + ('0.07693'*(($d/$a)*'100'));

update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-phv_aphv', $aphv_male );

}
}
add_action( 'save_post', 'calculate_fields', 99 );

add_action('cred_save_data', 'my_save_data_action',10,2);
function my_save_data_action($post_id, $form_data) {
// if a specific form
if ($form_data['id']==1138) {
calculate_fields( $post_id );
}
}

$related_post = toolset_get_related_post( $post_id, 'relatie_personen_phvs', 'parent' );

Hello, in the current software toolset_get_related_post is not ready in a cred_save_data callback when the parent post is selected in a child post Form. There is a timing issue, where the relationship is not yet saved when the cred_save_data hook is fired. One workaround is to use the cred_submit_complete hook instead, since it is fired later in the sequence. The toolset_get_related_post API should return the correct related post during the cred_submit_complete callback.
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_submit_complete

Another workaround if you must use the cred_save_data hook, instead of cred_submit_complete, is to access the selected parent post directly in the $_POST superglobal, usually like this:

$_POST['@relationshipslug_parent']

You would replace relationshipslug with the slug of this O2M relationship.

I would prefer to use the $_POST option. Can you give an example to get a metafield from the parent?

Parent CPT = 'persoon'
Metafield = 'persoon_geboortedatum' (contains a date of birth)
Relationship slug is 'relatie_personen_phvs'

thanks

You should be able to get a Types custom field value from the related post like this in a cred_save_data hook:

$persoon_id = isset($_POST['@relatie_personen_phvs_parent']) ? $_POST['@relatie_personen_phvs_parent'] : 0;
$geboortedatum = get_post_meta($persoon_id, 'wpcf-persoon_geboortedatum', true);

That worked! Thanks!

Glad to help. Feel free to create tickets as needed if you run into other issues.

One thing although: the post keeps saving with Auto Cred Save. How to create a title based on a custom field?

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/create-post-title-automatically-based-on-custom-field-value/

I'll open a new ticket so we can discuss this issue in more detail.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.