Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Frontend edit images of image gallery plugin?

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Question:
Is it possible to upload images in the front-end of a site and use them in a gallery format?

Answer:
With CRED you can create a form to upload images and let users do that in the front-end of the site. (it's possible to create the initial post and then update the information of this post)
You can also configure an image gallery plugin to display this images. Views can also be used to display images as a gallery.

This support ticket is created Il y a 9 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Ana Il y a 7 années et 11 mois.

Assigned support staff: Ana.

Auteur
Publications

Hi there,

Before I go in the wrong direction I'd like to ask if it is possible to let users upload images which then are displayed via a post image gallery plugin AND enable the users to edit (delete, replace, add) these images after the initial post creation?

Your real estate demo used images but not in a gallery format and also not clickable (e.g. for opening all images in a lightbox) so I'm not sure if that's possible..

Cheers,
Thomas

Ana
Supporter

Dear thomasL-2,

what your asking is possible to achieve.
With CRED you can create a form to upload images and let users do that in the frontend of your site. (it's possible to create the initial post and then update the information of this post)
You can also configure an image gallery plugin to display this images. You can check the Classifieds reference site in the product page you have a gallery example.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Ana

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

As the gallery isn't displayed/created via a view how would the image edit process work?

Cheers,
Thomas

Ana
Supporter

Dear thomasL-2,

I'm assuming these images are related to a post or custom post, if so you can edit all fields of this post with a form created in CRED.
This can allow you to both create the initial post with the images to use in the gallery and update the images also.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Ana

OK, thanks for the help!

May I know whether I need to install any image gallery plugin before I do the CRED and Views? Does Toolset has such plugin or any good plugins can be introduced?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Ana
Supporter

You do not need to install any image gallery plugin to use CRED or Views.
However if you are considering a particular functionality related with image galleries you can look for already existing plugins in the WordPress plugin repository ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=gallery ) depending on what you are looking for there are several plugins already available.

If you need further assistance on this please open a separate ticket.
Thank you.