Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Forms are no longer editable

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user is unable to edit their form on the backend.

Solution:

I suspect that the issue here is being caused by a plugin conflict.

What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins and check again to see if the form editor show up again.

In this users case the issue was being caused by the Accordions plugins.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.23.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.23.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.24.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 12.24.20 PM.png

After some update, both post and user forms that we created previously are no longer editable. When we open them, it looks like the Post type to create isn't selected, there is no save button, and no form editor (though there is a new or previously unnoticed "Expert mode" toggle. The forms still work, and some settings, such as the success message, are still visible from within the editor screen.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I suspect that the issue here is being caused by a plugin conflict.

What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable the non-toolset plugins and check again to see if the form editor show up again.

Once you have done this please let me know the results.
Thanks,
Shane

You are correct, it is a plugin conflict. Disabling all of them caused the forms to work again. Unfortunately, this is a complicated site with a lot of plugins. I'll start testing them individually to determine which one is at fault, and report back here again. Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the update.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shane

Amazingly, it was the first plugin I tried - Accordions (https://wordpress.org/plugins/accordions/). I tried rolling it back to previous versions, and version 2.1.7 doesn't cause the issue. That means that the problem occurred when it was updated to 2.1.10 (which doesn't work) and persisted in 2.1.11 (the current version).

Any suggestions on getting it to work with my forms? For now I can keep the older version, but that's probably not going to work forever.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dave,

What I would suggest that you do is to open a ticket with their support and explain the issue to them. Perhaps an improvement they added caused this.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry for not closing this ticket. The accordion plugin support team fixed the issue on their end with an update, so it and Toolset's forms are now compatible again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.