Skip Navigation

[Résolu] For Beda please (re-opening previous ticket)

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by julieP Il y a 4 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hi Beda,

I closed this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset_get_related_post-question/ but I'm not sure if I misunderstood something because I'm not getting expected results

In my scenario I need to get the post ID of the draft child post when there are multiple child posts. I set this up:-

Post types: 'my-parent-post' & 'my-child-post' in a one-to-many relationship
Parent post id is 3660
4 x child posts: 3663 (publish), 3668 (draft), 3673 (pending), 3678 (private)
View filtering for 'my-parent-post' containing shortcode [child_post] to display the post IDs of draft child post(s)
Shortcode looks like this:-

add_shortcode('child_post', 'child_post_shortcode');
function child_post_shortcode() {

global $post;
	$parent_id = $post->ID;

$child_id = toolset_get_related_posts( $parent_id, array( 'my-parent-post', 'my-child-post' ), 'child', 'draft' );

return $child_id;
}

I expected to see 3668 (the ID of the draft child post) but I get this error "PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Limit must be a non-negative integer or -1". If I change the function to toolset_get_related_post instead, the shortcode returns 0.

Have I misunderstood what toolset_get_related_posts returns or is my shortcode wrong somewhere?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I'm not sure you are using the toolset_get_related_posts function correctly (very possible; the documentation and requirements are not simple).

Here is the documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/#toolset_get_related_posts

Note that the second argument—for the relationship—should be the relationship slug, unless this is an old Types-2 relationship that hasn't been migrated, when you pass the parent and child as an array (which you have done, probably incorrectly).

Here's an annotated example of how to use it:

$children = toolset_get_related_posts(
    $post->ID,                  // ID of origin post
    "my-parent-my-child",       // relationship slug,
    array(
        'query_by_role'     =>  'parent',   // role of origin
        'role_to_return'    =>  'child',    // role to return
        'return'            =>  'post_id',  // (optional) what to return, IDs or objects
        'limit'             =>  -1,         // (optional) limit
        'offset'            =>  0,          // (optional) offset
        'args'              =>  array(      // (optional) array of additional query arguments
            'post_status'       =>  'draft'
        ),
        'orderby'           =>  'title',    // (optional) orderby setting
        'order'             =>  'ASC',      // (optional) order direction
        'need_found_rows'   =>  false       // (optional) whether to include number of results
    )
);

Hopefully you can see what's required there.

Yeah, that's better! Thank you 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.