Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Filter by custom field not working

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 8 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hello, I'm trying to filter a custom post type by a "select" custom field with two values "project" and "estimate" created with the ACF plugin, under Types control.

I have this filter currently set:

Select posts with custom field: pro_type is a string equal to project

However the view is not outputting anything at all. If I remove this filter, it outputs all posts as expected. I have string "constant" set to project. The acf select value for this field is also "project"..

please let me know

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

1)
Could you please check what value in database saved for your custom field?

2)
=> Please share link of the page where I can reproduce your issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Is it possible for you to send me screenshot of your Edit view page? So that I can review settings of your view?

views-settings.jpg

Sure I can, here is the screenshot

Minesh
Supporter

View settings look OK to me.

1)
What if you remove all other filters and keep filter:
Select posts with custom field: pro_type is a string equal to project

Does it produce any results?

2)
In order to investigate this further I do need access of your install to help you further so that I can review settings and to find cause of this issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've tried with my install but no luck I need to check with fresh local install. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

You mean here you have only one option with your select box? what if you add one more option and then try to check.

I need few screenshots a well as exact step by step information to reproduce your issue.

Hi Minesh, what did you mean by: "I've tried with my install but no luck I need to check with fresh local install. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more."

I think the issue is that this filter by custom field is not working with ACF fields. This is the issue I'm facing. The custom field filter work with types fields.

Are you experiencing this problem on your test site? I don't see why you need more info from me other than this.

Minesh
Supporter

I've replied you with respect to the following statement:

I set the ACF select options to only one choice with the value "1", then I filtered by posts with the select value of "1" and no posts show up. It seems like for whatever reason, views is not reading the ACF custom field correctly, I put this custom field under "types control" so not sure what else I can do.

That is why I would like to have screenshots of your ACF custom field settings and how you are using that with views so that I can replicate the exact issue.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Filter by custom field not working’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.