Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Export in views and types creates empty ZIP file

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 10 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Sanny Il y a 10 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hi there, I was sure I had already submitted this issue, but I can' t seem to find it in the forums anymore and therefore am posting this again. I've been using types and views for a while now and love it. However, I am currently moving my site and would therefore like to take advantage of the export and import feature.

When I run the export in either views or types, all I get is an empty, 0kb zip file. I am sure there is some kind of server setting that might be causing that but I have no clue where to start looking, as there is no entry in the error_log...

I use the latest version of WP, Views and Types, with PHP Version 5.3.18, maybe it's noteworthy I have Suhosin v0.9.33 installed, but it usually doesn't create any errors around downloading ZIP files etc...

Anyway, appreciate any pointing into the right direction!!

Just a note, I read this article hear speaking about "ZIPARCHIVE".

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/embedded-types-and-views-export-zip/

I checked in my PHPInfo and ziparchive is not available. Coudl that be the issue? Why do views and types not use more common compression tools, like zip, bz2 or gzip?

Dear Sanny,

This library should be enabled by default on new PHP installations. Can you talk to your hosting provider about enabling this extension for you?

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

So far my ISP hasn't answered ont he query yet.
My apologies for cross-posting, as I posted this here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/export-types-data-downloads-empty-zip-file/

Dear Sanny,

This means that you have safe_mode enabled in PHP and you can only access files in certain directories. To resolved this you need to add the path /tmp to the list of allowed paths in php.ini. Maybe your hosting provider need to do this, it depends on your type of hosting:

hidden link

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Thanks, I resolved it by changing the tmp path in your PHP files.

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.