Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Excerpt cropped

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Caridad Il y a 9 années et 6 mois.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I'm using the Advanced Excerpt Plugin to set the excerpt length to a number of words and end with a full sentence. I use [wpv-post-excerpt] shortcode in the view but get an excerpt cropped after 100 characters or so...

Dear Daniel,

The code used to display a Views excerpt is different from WordPress. You can use advanced excerpts by creating your own shortcode. Add these lines to functions.php in your theme and you can use the [advanced-shortcode] in your Content Templates:

add_shortcode('advanced-excerpt', 'my_advanced_excerpt');
function my_advanced_excerpt() {
   return the_advanced_excerpt(get_the_excerpt(), true);
}

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

I've added these lines to the function.php but don't know what to so next exactly. How do I create my own shortcode to use advanced excerpts? Do I need to use Types?

Thanks,
Daniel

Dear Daniel

Now you have to replace [wpv-post-excerpt] with [advanced-excerpt] and you will have your plugin processing it instead of views.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Excerpt cropped’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.