Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Events Manager Compatibility Issue

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by paulB-10 Il y a 8 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: ankit.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 23.06.46.png

I am trying to: add custom fields in the types. I have deactivated all the plugins and have established that Events Manager is the culprit. When deactivated the Custom fields are saved when selected, then the plugin is activate the custom field is not selected. I have the latest version of types 1.7.6 and events manager 5.5.7.1

I visited this URL: irelandtouchassociation.dev (server press)

I expected to see: added custom field

Instead, I got: spinning and no addition of field.

Dear Paul,

Thanks for contacting support forum.

Can you please do following for me?

1. Check if is there any Javascript error in console of the browser? To access console in Safari, press "Cmd + Opt + C"

To access console in Chrome, press F12 and and go to "Console" tab.

2. Open wp-config.php file of your site using FTP and add following lines to it.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

This will create a debug.log file in /wp-content/ folder, you need to send me the contents of this file to me.

Let me know if there are any Javascript errors while adding custom fields using Types (Keep Event Manager plugin activated) and also send me the contents of debug.log file.

Regards
Ankit

On further investigation. Types is working fine in my production environment. If I add a custom field it is added successfully.
I am using Desktop Server development environment where the issue is occurring.
In the Desktop Server environment I have a multisite.
Event Manager is a network install.
The custom field works in the sub-domain where event manager is active but no events are defined.
It does not work in the main site where event manager is active but there are events defined.

Here is the Javascript error as requested.
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'scrollToHeight.top')
success (basic.js, line 49)
j (load-scripts.php, line 2)
fireWith (load-scripts.php, line 2)
x (load-scripts.php, line 4)
b (load-scripts.php, line 4)
[Log] (reload.js, line 8, x3)

The debug.log file was created but has 0 bytes.
I have added the setting as stated in the wp-config.php file
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding.

1. Please deactivate all non-related toolset plugins. Repeat the process of adding custom field and check if there is any JS error in console. If not, enable deactivated plugins one by one and check which plugin is causing JS error to occur. Once you find that you can report me the name of the plugin.

You can also use script debug method. Please add following line to wp-config.php file of your site through FTP.

define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

Once the JS error has occurred in console, you will be able to notice exactly in which file the errors is appearing.

For more information on Script debugging, please refer: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#SCRIPT_DEBUG

2. As you mentioned two different behaviours on production and local, this more likely seems to be a server related issue. please confirm that your local and production environments are identical which means same set of softwares with identical versions.

Please test in identical environment and use all the latest versions of all softwares (PHP, MySQL, WordPress, Toolset plugins etc.), check if issue still exists or not.

Let me know your response.

Regards
Ankit

I am putting this issue to a corruption on the installation on my local server. As it works on the production server. If I find any any additional information I will update the service request.

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.