Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Errors caused by last update

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The user has critical errors after updating Toolset Forms.

Solution:
Toolset Forms has an error that arises only within PHP5.6. Updating to PHP7 will fix the issue.

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 12 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by PiotrO586 Il y a 2 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Hi, I updated Toolset plugins today to the latest version and I am receiving critical error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '::' (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/common-es/server/Rest/Route/ToolsetSettings.php on line 96

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I built the copy of your website locally and I had to disable all the plugins in order to login to the backend. I started by enabling only Toolset plugins, the issue was not reproduced. Then, I enabled a couple of plugins at a time until I activated all the plugins, except cache, and security plugins. And the issue was not reproduced.

I suspect one of the following:
- Either, it is an edge case that happens when one of your plugins is installed before Toolset Forms.
- Or, an issue with PHP 5.6. My local setup uses PHP 7.3. Check this screenshot from the Duplicator script hidden link

To verify the first case, we need to disable all plugins, enable Toolset plugins, then enable the other plugins. I wanted to test it on the provided server, but the FTP credentials are not working for me. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely if you want me to test this.

To verify the second case, you need to ask your hosting provider to change the PHP version. Maybe you can change it in your hosting dashboard, such as cPanel.

So I suspect this has something to do with php, because my other websites work fine after update, and this is the only website still using php 5.6 (unfortunately, it cannot be updated to the newer version, because of incompatibility issues of other websites on the server).

Jamal
Supporter

Indeed, this is an issue that happens on PHP 5. I get the same errors too. Let me escalate this to our 2nd Tier and get back to you as soon as we have something to share.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Piotr

Jamal doesn't work Thursday's, so let me update that we have published plugin hotfixes for this issue which are now available at toolset.com/account/downloads. If you don't see the updates on your plugins page, click the registered link for one of our plugins to go to the custom installer page, where you can use the "Check for Updates" button to bring up the updates.

Please let us know if this resolves the problem.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Piotr,

As Nigel explained, we have published Forms 2.6.8 to fix this issue with PHP 5.6. I have tested it with the local copy that I have from your site and it worked without issues. Can you update Forms to the latest release, either through the Toolset Installed(Plugins->Add New->Commercial(tab)). Or you can download the latest version manually from your account page https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Let me know what you will get.

I applied these updates and the website works. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.