Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Error when saving edit user form

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,
Tell us what you are trying to do?

When I submit the edit user form I get an error "The link you followed has expired.
Please try again."
What can be the problem?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I think it would help our supporters to be able to see the issue on your site, together with the set-up.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Where can we find the form?

Yes sure I can provide you with admin access to check. Please make the next replay to be privet.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

thank you for the credentials, I was able to log in and see the issue.
I am still not sure what is causing this issue, the form tries to save two roles for the user (Administrator, Powner), the form is also managed by Access and allow a Powner user to edit his profile.
I removed the roles from the form and checked again, but that did not help.

Then, I tried to visit the user profile at the backend, by I always get redirected to the form's page. I could not find the custom code that does that, maybe it is the theme. I'll need more checks to know from where this comes. Can you tell me where?

I'll need to know what you would like to build with this form? Why do you want to set a role for the user using this form?

In the meantime, check this reply from a previous ticket, it may help https://toolset.com/forums/topic/unable-to-change-user-role-from-cred/#post-1722809

The form should be used by powner that is why I have set the access to be only for powner. I don't know where the theme problem can be.

Jamal
Supporter

Can you explain what this form should do? Right now, I see that the form should set two roles for the user (Administrator, and Powner)?
Is this what this form should do? Change the role of a user?
Or is it there to let a Powner user change his information?

It should be used to let a Powner user change his information. How this can be done?

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback.

As you do not need to change or set the role of the user who will use the form, I see no need to set a role for the user in the form. Also because you are not offering an image, file, or media field on the form, there is no need to activate the Media Library manager on it. Check this screenshot hidden link

Even after deactivating these options, the issue persists, and I still get the "The link you followed has expired" message.
It seems that this error is related to the server settings and how the hosting provider is configuring the server. Check these articles that all agree on changing some settings at the server level:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

We have also had similar tickets:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-link-you-followed-has-expired-when-attempting-install/
- hidden link

If, after updating these values, the issue persists, we'll migrate your website into our platform and check if it also presents the same issue or not. If not, we'll assume that it is a server limitation.

I hope this helps. I'll be waiting for your reply and we'll continue from there.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Error when saving edit user form’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.