Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Editors cannot see CPTs managed by Access, in WP dashboard

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 4 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have a team of Editors who maintain a site, and they have just reported that in the WP dashboard, they can no longer see the links to access the various Custom Post Types that they can usually see.
These are CPT's created in Toolset, and managed by the Access plugin.
This included Pages, so as a test I reset Pages to NOT be managed by Access, and this makes Pages accessible again in the dashboard for Editors.
So it would appear that something is broken with the Access plugin?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - can you please share more details of the problem. Please share one editor user and few links where I can see the issue as well as what post types you expect that editor user should have access to?

Editor - cannot see CPTs.png
Admin - can see CPTs.png

Hi Minesh, thanks for looking at this.

If you are logged in as Admin, you will see many links to various custom post types in the left bar navigation in the WP dashboard.

Since just last week (I think), my site Editors cannot see the links to the CPT's - whereas they could before.

I can send the username/password for the test Editor user if you want to log in and see for yourself.

Many thanks
Alan

Hello,

Minesh is on holiday, will be back tomorrow, I have enabled the private message box, please provide the edit user account in it, thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I can not able to see the Editor account access details you shared with your private post.

Can you please resend me the editor account access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - Thank you. I can confirm that I can see the problem on your install.

But when I try to reproduce this issue with only Toolset + WPML plugins active, I do not see the issue.

As you can see with the following link - Editor role has been assigned all rights with "Student" post type:
=> hidden link

Admin login:
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: Qz11sh2F3JtW

Now, when I logged in as "FR editor" user and I see it works as expected. You can log in to editor user as:
U: fr-editor-user
P: Admin@123

Am I missing anything here? If no:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

I found the reason behind this. It appeared to be due to a custom plugin in the mu-plugins directory, for disabling a specific plugin for non logged-in users.
The code was based on this article:
hidden link

Removing this code makes the issue go away.
The curious thing is that the plugin has been there for over 18 months, and not caused this issue with Editors not seeing the menus.

Minesh
Supporter

We just released Toolset Access version 2.7.5 today, Can you please update the Access plugin and check if that helps you to resolve the issue?

Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official released version. You can download latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/download/toolset-access/#changelog

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.