Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Duplicate Queries

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 4 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
2018-02-28 14_35_29-EMPTY - Rykon Construction.png
2018-02-28 14_37_48-Edit View ‹ Rykon Construction — WordPress.png

I am trying to:
Speed up my site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Not, 22 duplicate queries for a simple view.

Instead, I got:
Duplicate queries.

I user Query Monitor to notify me of any major issues, and this to me seemed to be an issue. 22 duplicate queries, i'm not entirely sure the issue. But perhaps it is my 'view'. I have attached a few screenshots for you to view. Are yo able to help me speed this up, in case I have done something wrong?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Justin

Your have a View, I don't know how many posts it returns and iterates over, but for each iteration you then run a for-each loop that iterates over each occurrence of a repeating image field, and for each occurrence gets the image data twice, once to use the URL in a link, and once to output the img tag itself.

I tried to reproduce this locally but I don't see any duplicate queries on my test site, with what looks like the same content in the View Loop Output editor.

I'll need to take a look at your site to see if I can identify what's different from my test site.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

What is the View?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Justin

I did some basic debug steps on your site but wasn't able to determine the cause of the duplicate queries.

I have taken a copy of the site and am escalating this thread so that it can be investigated further.

It will be next week before we can take a detailed look, and I'll update you with what we find.

Ok great thanks.

Any luck yet?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Justin

It's been escalated by second tier to the developers but there is no progress reported by them yet.

I've left a note saying you are asking about progress, and I'll let you know when they find something.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Justin

Just a quick note to see that I looked in the internal tickets and the developers are discussing a refactoring of legacy code that is responsible for generating these queries, i.e. they are talking about a "proper" rather than a "quick" fix, which means this will receive due attention but you should expect that it may take a while.

Alright thanks for letting me know.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Justin

I'm reviewing some old threads and I notice this was never resolved.

I asked in the internal ticket and the developer thinks that the issue may have resolved itself due to changes made in Types in the intervening period.

I can't test that, as I no longer have the duplicate of your site, and I no longer have access to your site.

If you have a version of this site online somewhere and can check yourself when the latest Types is installed (3.3.5), let me know if you still see the duplicate queries.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.