Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Distributing Themes

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
John need to be able distributing his own custom child theme of "Toolset starter".
Solution:
You can Embedded Toolset plugins into your own child theme, keep the parent theme "Toolset stater" as original files, then there will not be any problem when you update "Toolset starter" theme.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/embedded-toolset/

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jo4nny8 Il y a 8 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 17.32.26.png

Im using toolset starter to create a website for a potential customer. My Question is this.

Because its a bespoke design, I've modified the style.css to include my own logo and design information.

However its now telling me to update the theme to the latest version. (as in the screenshot)

I appreciate i 'should' use a child theme but how does this work when i package the site up using embedded toolset? Will they have to have toolset starter installed as well as they're theme ( like a framework where you have to have say cherry framework installed, and then the customised theme) or will they just have their child theme installed?

Or do i have to create my own base theme and then integrate toolset into this to enable me to not have to look like its built on a framework?

Dear john,

I suggest you Embedded Toolset plugins into your own child theme, keep the parent theme "Toolset stater" as original files, then there will not be a problem when you update "Toolset stater" theme.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.