Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Distance Value Missing in Fields and Views insertion dialog

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 13 réponses, has 4 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 4 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to display the distance between the user and the post address on hidden link

On https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/displaying-markers-on-google-maps/, the instructions say to "click the Distance value button in the Fields and Views insertion dialog.", however, when I do that, I do not see a Distance Value.

Do I need to do something to make it appear? Or, am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi, the distance display shortcode was added in Maps 1.6 and it looks like you're running Maps 1.5.4 on this site. Please update to the latest version of Toolset Maps to get the newest features.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-maps/#changelog

Great. I see the Distance Value now. But, it doesn't seem to work.

I have this in the view:

Address: [types field='address' item='@page-restaurant.parent'][/types]<br>
Distance: [toolset-maps-distance-value origin_source='visitor_location' postmeta='wpcf-address' postmeta_id='@page-restaurant.parent']

But, on hidden link , the distance is not displayed.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Lee

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lee,

Christian is on Holiday today and will be back tomorrow to answer any concerns you may have.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry for the delay, I was able to replicate this problem on my local site when I tried to add a distance value shortcode with the target address field in a post related to the current post in a one-to-one relationship. I have escalated this to my 2nd tier support team for more information here, because I don't see anything obviously wrong. I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi, I have a quick update. My second tier support team has offered a temporary workaround:

Distance: [toolset-maps-distance-value origin_source='visitor_location' postmeta='wpcf-address' postmeta_id='[wpv-post-id item="@page-restaurant.parent"]']

Please try this while we continue to work on a permanent fix for the problem.

Thanks, but that didn't work either.

hidden link

No huge rush. I've got lots of time.

Okay thanks for the update, I'll relay that information and keep you up to date here.

Christian,

I don't think this issue has anything to do with the post relationship. I setup a new simple test.

hidden link

The distance does not display.

I also have another map issue related to distance filtering, but I'll start a new ticket for that.

Thanks
Lee

It looks like I can add the wpv-geolocation shortcode around this distance field and it will show up as expected.

Distance:  [wpv-geolocation][toolset-maps-distance-value origin_source='visitor_location' postmeta='wpcf-address'][/wpv-geolocation]

Strange. I will pass this information along as well, because I think there are multiple issues here. Thanks for clarifiying this for me.

hi is the "origin_source='visitor_location' " user current location base on gps?

can we define the origin_source base on custom field; I.e train station?

Thank you

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/fr/forums/topic/distance-value-based-on-custom-field/

Hi, this issue will be resolved in Maps 2.1. Sorry I received information that indicated it had already been released, but that was premature. I will let you know when 2.1 is available for download or automatic update. Thanks for understanding!

- Updated information about release version

Hello, please find Maps 2.0.2 available for automatic update or download at https://toolset.com/account/downloads and update all your Toolset plugins to the latest versions. Let me know if the problem is not completely resolved. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.