Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Design category page – Layouts – Views

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ole Andreas Vekve Il y a 6 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

I would like to design my category page with layouts. However it does not work as excepted.

I have done the following:
1. Made a view. (Called Fyrverkeri - Kategorier). This view will only display Post types with "Fyrverkeri". For Query Filter I have chosen the following: Taxonomy filter - Select posts with taxonomy: Kategorier the same as the page where this View is shown. This part works!
2. Made a layout (Called it Archive - Categories - Fyrverkeri). This layout is choosen to be used in the loops: Kategori archives. This part also works!

However, in the layout I have made a Visual Editor where the post title and description should be shown. But this part does not work. I am not sure what I should write here, and whatever I choose nothing comes out correct. E.g "post-title" outputs a random title for a post within the category. What I want is to output the category title and the following description wrap located in "Categories"-tab on WordPress.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ole

If you want to customise the archive for your taxonomy then the recommended way is to create a custom WordPress Archive with Views (and not a View) and insert that custom archive into a Layout using an archive cell and then assign the Layout to be used on the taxonomy archive.

You can see the steps involved here: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/

Then you don't need to add a query filter for the taxonomy term, and it will be more efficient in terms of database queries.

In any case, however you output your posts on that page, to insert the taxonomy archive title and the description of the term in question, you can use the wpv-taxonomy-archive shortcode, described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-taxonomy-archive

Use the info="name" attribute to output the term name, and then use the info="description" attribute to output the term description.

If you have any problems, let me know.

Great, solves the problem!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.