Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Default order of post editing screen modules

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 9 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by michaelR-12 Il y a 9 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,
how can I set the default order of post editing screen modules for custom posts? I mean, when I edit my custom post I see modules like 'publish', 'categories', 'tags' and modules of my custom fields and taxonomies. How can I set a default order for all users? I know I can reorder them by drag & drop but it's saved only for one user, for every new user my new order isn't saved.
Regards,
Michael

Dear Michael,

We have evaluated this feature several times, but there is no easy way of doing this wihtout stepping over the WordPress settings.
In any case, Types is in freeze of new features and it is going to suffer a complete admin redesign.

We can look at this feature request after the next major release.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,
thank you for your answer. It's actually must have feature in any CMS system. I understand WordPress is a blog system, but I thought with WPToolset I can make it working as CMS. I can't imagine to build a platform where the users submit a form, where I can't define the order of inputs fields or modules. What should I do if my website have 100 users?

Is there some other plugin that would help to set the default modules order?

I didn't test the CRED yet, but can I use it, and combine it with types, views, custom fields and taxonomies to create a form, where I will have the control over the inputs order?
Regards,
Michael

Dear Michael,

I know its not much of a solution, but up until now I have read people doing this by exporting the Types settings and sorting the metaboxes in the XML file.

When you import this file on a fresh WordPress install you will get the groups imported in the order they are in the XML file.

We are working on improving this in next major update of Types plugin.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Thank you Caridad, I will try it with XML file.
Regards,
Michael

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.