Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Custom Search by Heirarchical Custom Post Taxonomy – 1 level at a time

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ronald E Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: José Arcos.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to display only the top level categories in a custom post taxonomy drop down list inside a Custom Search.

Once the user has selected a top level category it would trigger a drop down list of the child categories dictated by the selected top level category. The user selects a child category from this second drop down list and it triggers a third child, child drop down list that the user can select.

Once the user has selected the child, child custom taxonomy they click on the submit button to search for the chosen consultants.

You can see how far I've gotten on this page hidden link . I'm trying to do the above user scenerio since the dropdown list is so long.

Thank you for your help,
Ronald E

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

Actually this is not possible to do with Toolset plugins. You may need to use custom code to do that. For example, with JavaScript or jQuery you can remove the child terms, but here is no way to display dependent drop downs.

If you need further assistance with this custom development, you can contact any of our Toolset experts contractors here: https://toolset.com/contractors/

Have a good day.

Thank you Jose. Hmmmmm.

Is there a way we can just get the top level options to show in this heirachel drop down menu and eliminate showing the child and child child categoris?

Hello again, I'm sorry but there isn't a way to remove the lower levels of the categories drop-down with Toolset. Again, you need to use some custom code. We can not provide this kind of solutions, as this is a custom development. I suggest you contact any of our Toolset experts that you can find here: https://toolset.com/contractors/

I will be happy to help you with further issues or questions with Toolset.

Have a great day.

Thank you for your time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.