Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Custom fields will not allow entry in wordpress backend -neither custom taxonomy

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by martinE-4 Il y a 3 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 6.59.36 PM.jpg

My site broke recently. Not sure exactly when, but when I add a new custom post with my custom fields, the custom date fields will not allow entry of data (see attached image). The previously entered posts are fine with all their data. Otherwise the site displays fine on the front end.

Also, I have a custom taxonomy, keywords and tags which will not allow any data (see attached image).

This all used to work fine. I'm running WP 5.5.1 with the latest Toolset Views 3.2.2.1 and Types 3.4.1 versions.

Everything used to work fine! Please help.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I expect you'll find JavaScript errors in the browser console, if you could share details of those.

But first, you are not using the latest version of Views, which is 3.3.1, I suggest you update first and see if that resolves the problem.

Hi Nigel, I updated to Views 3.3.2 released today, but that did not solve the problem. Here are the javascript errors:

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'f.msie')
	(anonymous function) (jquery.ba-bbq.min.js:18:119)
	Global Code (jquery.ba-bbq.min.js:18:912)
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not a function (near '...$('.dynamik_cmb_upload_button').live...')
	(anonymous function) (cmb.js:72)
	i (jquery.js:2:27368)
	fireWith (jquery.js:2:28123)
	ready (jquery.js:2:29926)
	J (jquery.js:2:30282)

I notice the word "dynamik" in one error which reminds me I use the Dynamik Website Builder which is a Genesis Child Theme (hidden link). I hope a theme incompatibility hasn't crept in recently. - update: ok, I changed to the 2020 theme briefly and was able to successfully update my post date fields, as well as the custom taxonomy. The javascript errors seem to have disappeared though when I switch back to Dynamik/Genesis. Strange.

Sigh, I guess I will have to invest in the work to switch to the GeneratePress theme which I am in the habit of using for my current projects. I had chosen this Builder/theme combination 7 years ago when I built this site due to my lack of knowledge at the time in hooks. I think I will be able to survive without it now though. I look forward to trying the new Toolset Blocks with the GeneratePress theme for this site. Since this is a membership site (currently using the Restrict Content Pro plugin), I will also try and use the Toolset Access plugin to replace it. I will probably continue to use the Download Monitor plugin for managing downloadable files, monitoring downloads and outputting download links. Are you aware of anyone using this with Toolset? I would love to know if it is compatible.

Many thanks again Nigel for your useful advice and troubleshooting.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I'm not too familiar with the Download Monitor plugin, but I took at quick look at the plugin homepage and I don't see any red flags about potential compatibility issues, and it now comes with a block that you should be able to use in your Toolset Blocks templates.

I think the only way to know for sure is to try it and see, and if you run into some problems you can share details and we can investigate.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.