Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Custom Fields not showing when creating/editing custom types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 8 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications
custom_types.jpg

I am trying to: Create/Edit a custom post type using the custom fields for this post type.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: I should be able to fill in the various options for this post type using the "Additional Fields for Mergers" that i set up initially.

Instead, I got: The options to fill in the custom type attributes are greyed out.

NOTE: The options to add/edit the custome files shows for a second and then dissapear. I have to go to "Wordpress Screen Options" and uncheck/check the additional fields for the custom type to have the fields show up under the post type. This has all worked in the past but I can no longer add new or edit when creating a new post type of "Merger"

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

It would be good that you first update your Toolset Plugins to their latest versions. Can you do this please?

?? Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ??
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If this doesn't already solve the issue, we bend to determine which plugin is causing the conflict, or if the Theme is the cause.

1. Does the issue also persist with our Default Theme Toolset Bootstrap and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

2. If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back

3. It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists and, in case it does, could you provide me the additional Details?

Thank you

types_greyedout.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

As a note this feature was working on this theme pack in the past. While an update could cause this everything else seems the same.

1) I have updated the Types plug in to the newest version
2) I have changed to the default 2015 theme and this problem still persists
3) I have deactivated all plugin except views and types and it persists
4) I have deactivated my theme and used the default theme and this is still happening.

One strange thing is when i go to edit a post the "Additional Fields for Mergers" appears for a second and then disappears. I have to go to screen options and disable then re-enable to have the fields show up again. When they show they are still grayed out.

Any other suggestions on what may be causing this. This is a live site so I had to re-enable the plugins and original theme.

I have included a picture of the grayed out fields.

Thank you,

Roger

Thanks for the Details

I can not reproduce this situation on my test install

Since this seems to persist with even minimal settings, we have to try the last possibility, namely to re-isntall the Toolset Plugins manually to avoid possibility of corrupted files.

You mention, this has been working gin past.
Can you locate the Plugin or Theme Update that was causing this issue?
Do you recall, which Plugin or Theme you updated, straight before this issue happened?

In order to avoid the corrupted files, which sometimes is cause of issues, please follow as outlined:

★ INSTRUCTIONS:

?? Backup your website and database ??
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugins for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins
This should not generate any problems.

⌥ In case you want to register Toolset Plugins for your site manually please make sure to enter the naked URL of your site in wp-types.com (something like hidden link)

⌥ In the extreme case, please try to register with all non-Toolset Plugins deactivated,
and Theme Toolset Bootstrap enabled.

If this does not help, we will need to reverse plugin version by plugin version, to locate the trouble issuing Plugin / Version.

Since you are working on alive site, I reckoned and offer to send me a site's snapshot, so I can do this for you locally.
If you prefer you can use MAMP or WAMP (local servers) or stage sites in order to do this.
The goal would be to revert to the last working version of your site, an then carefully update each Plugin / Theme one after the other, version by version, until we locate the trouble issuer.

In order to send me a snapshot, we recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

?? IMPORTANT ??
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Custom Fields not showing when creating/editing custom types’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.