Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Custom Field dropdown has extra blank entry that is selected by default

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 1 voix.

Last updated by Tim Elliott Il y a 5 années et 7 mois.

Auteur
Publications
Country dropdown.jpg

I am trying to:
Create a custom field search dropdown using the following code:

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-referral-countries" type="select" url_param="wpv-wpcf-referral-countries" default_label="Select Country"]

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Site is in maintenace mode at the moment - I can give yo login details privately if necessary

I expected to see:
A dropdown with the available countries. The top item should be "Select Country" and this should be selected by default.

Instead, I got:
A dropdown with the available countries. The top item is "Select Country" as expected, but below it there is a blank entry which is selected by default.
I've checked through and all of the posts have content in the country field so the blank item isn't coming from a missing entry.

The image shows the output and the code below shows the generated code.

<select id="wpv_control_select_wpcf-referral-countries" name="wpv-wpcf-referral-countries" class="js-wpv-filter-trigger form-control">
<option checked="checked" value="">Select Country</option>
<option value="" selected="selected"></option>
<option value="IT">Italy</option>
<option value="JP">Japan</option>
<option value="KE">Kenya</option>
<option value="KR">Korea, Republic Of</option>
<option value="ZA">South Africa</option>
<option value="ES">Spain</option>
<option value="GB">United Kingdom</option
<option value="US">United States</option>
</select>

It looks like we have:
checked="checked" on the default label
selected-"selected" on the blank entry

I've just run a test of this on a couple of different sites and it seems to work as expected.

Thanks
Tim

Guys, forget this. Someone else had set up the fields and left a blank one at the top of each field set for some reason. What a waste of my life.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.