Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Custom CSS is being ignored

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is using the wordpress default customizer option under Appearance to add some custom css to the site but it does not work.

Solution:
We are no longer actively developing the Toolset Starter Theme, it is effectively deprecated in favour of working with recommended themes listed here: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

So I would recommend that you use one of our recommended themes.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Robert Campbell Il y a 5 années et 12 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

I am designing a new site using the Toolset Starter Theme.
I am not using the Layouts plugin.

When I add Custom CSS using the Customize- Custom CSS, it works okay in the Preview box (see Image1.jpg) but it does not work when I publish (see image2.jpg)

As an experiment I tried adding the same CSS to my standard page content template and it works!

You can see the live site at hidden link

I have seen an error message which says 'The resource from “hidden link was blocked due to MIME type mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).' so I wonder is that is the issue?

Can you please have a look and advise please.

Regards

Robert

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Try using display: inline !important; to force it to display correctly.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Adding !important to the CSS makes no difference.
If you inspect the elements you will see that none of the custom CSS is being added to the actual site code.

Again can I clarify that adding the same code to a page template does work. So the problem is that code from the Appearance/Customize/Custom CSS section of the dashboard is not getting on to the site code.

I need to get this website finished over this weekend so I would appreciate if you could escalate this issue.

Kind regards

Robert

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

The private fields have been enabled.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

It seems the customizer CSS is not being saved as when I checked on the frontend its blank.

However I tried using a custom css plugin and it works.
hidden link

Could you temporarily disable the wordfence plugin and let me know if it still doesn't load from the customizer.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Yes I can see that the custom css plugin worked okay.

So I disabled that plug-in.

Then I tried temporarily disabling the wordfence plugin but the CSS still doesn't load from the customizer.

So it looks like we have a fundamental problem with the theme.

Let me know what we should do next.

Regards

Robert

Hi Shane

So I tried reinstalling the Starter Theme but the problem remains. I also tried switching to the Starter Child Theme but still the same problem.

I will use the Custom CSS plug-in you installed for the short term until you are able to get the problem fixed.

I will leave some CSS in the customizer and a test message in the footer which says 'This footer text should be centered and coloured RED'. That will give you something easy to test with the customiser problem.

Still seeing the error message 'The resource from “hidden link was blocked due to MIME type mismatch (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff).' when I view the page inspector.

Regards

Robert

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Robert

Shane is on holiday today and Monday (when I will also be absent).

I tested and confirmed that with the Toolset Starter theme if you add custom CSS in the customizer, although it works in the customizer preview, it does not on the front end.

I would ordinarily escalate this to be fixed, but we are no longer actively developing the Toolset Starter Theme, it is effectively deprecated in favour of working with recommended themes listed herre: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

I don't know whether we will fix this, so I won't escalate for now.

I have a developer meeting on Tuesday morning where I will ask for guidance.

I'll pass that on to Shane to update you later that day.

In the meantime please add custom CSS to your child theme's style.css or using the plugin you already tested.

Hi Nigel

Thanks for getting back to me. Can I check a couple of points please:-

1. Are you saying that customizer in the Starter theme is completely broken? I mean it is not just my site which has this problem?

2. I need a simple starter them to build my websites from. I don't want to start with a very customised theme then have to strip out lots of CSS I don't want. Can you tell me if any of the themes on your list do this? So I just want a very simple theme like the Toolset Starter theme you are about to stop supporting!

Regards

Robert

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Robert

1. Yes. I confirmed the same issue on my own test site. I spoke with the developers who regarded this as a missing feature for the theme, and given the status of the theme they will not add features.

2. The list of recommended themes includes some all-singing all-dancing themes (Divi, Avada), but each of OceanWP, Astra, and GeneratePress are included because they were recommended to us by surveyed Toolset users as simple, lightweight starter themes, and hence we chose to support these with an extra compatibility layer so that you can control certain theme options (e.g. sidebar on/off) when you make templates with Views or Layouts.

I think it is worth trying out each of these themes to see if there is one you are comfortable with which you can use as a starting point for your projects.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

Are there any updates here?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

As Nigel has now confirmed, this was a known missing feature in this Toolset theme, so it is not great that this information was not included in the theme information. If it had been I would not have wasted my time (and yours) chasing a problem that was actually a missing feature.

Please pass on my comments to Amir and can I ask Amir to ensure that the the customiser tab on the Starter theme is removed as a matter of urgency.

Not one of Toolset's best moments!

And of course we can close this ticket now.

Regards

Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.