Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED Post Form Shows A Value Yet Field Is Set To 'No Default'

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by julieP Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I have a radio field with a choice of two entries and no default.

Since the recent upgrade to 1.8, the post form it appears on (in create version) shows the second choice is as the default choice even though both should be unchecked.

Please advise.

I can not see this issue, in fact, it should be fixed in 1.8.

I created a Radio Field in Types
It has 2 options, and "no default" selected
I created a CRED Create New Post Form and visited this in the Front End, and no option os selected.

This works as expected locally.

1. Does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

2. Please check your Console for JS Errors

3. Please try to see if any WordPress errors are happening:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Hi Beda

Thanks for your help.

Here's what I've done:-

Deactivated all third party plugins - no change
Deactivated all Toolset plugins
Reactivated Types as first Toolset plugin; issue is there already
Activated remaining Toolset plugins anyway (except Layouts)
Activated Twenty-Sixteen and added my CRED Post Form to a page so it would show - no change
Reactivated my Toolset Child Theme - no change

I've added these lines to my wp-config.php file (and uploaded it of course)

[php]define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );[php]

and added a couple of new radio fields to a Post Field Group and revisited the site using a different browser (i.e. as different user); no error messages have shown in either browser and the debug log hasn't appeared in wp-content folder.

The only thing I haven't done is check Console for JS errors. Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by this? How do I do this/where do I go to do this?

I added a further reply but it's not relevant to this post so I've removed it

Beda

I'm really pleased to be able to tell you I've managed to get to the bottom of this:-

The post field is set up with 'my-first' and 'my-second' in the custom field content so I can add CSS to the radio buttons. I noticed in the CRED form that the shortcode included

value="my-second"

and now that I've removed it, neither button is checked by default.

In some ways, this issue has been an interesting and great learning curve especially your trouble shooting steps which I'm taking on board generally now.

Great stuff - thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.