Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED Notifications now give 500 (Internal Server Error)

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Peter Il y a 8 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I have a simple CRED enquiry form that on submit will create a new post (in post type 'enquiry'), forward the user to a thankyou page and send me an email notification.

This has worked for me for a very long time, until now. I'm not sure exactly when it stopped working but I think it would have been very recently after current plugin updates.

The problem is now the enquiry form gives a 500 (Internal Server Error) on submit. The enquiry form still creates the new post correctly, gives the error and does not send an email.

I have troubleshooted this and I can use the enquiry form to submit correctly with the notifications turned off. But once I switch notifications back on, I get the 500 error again.

I have tried the following (still no success):
- disabled all plugins and reset to default wordpress theme
- reset .htaccess
- upped memory on php.ini from 128M to 512M

Can you help please. You can see my simple one field email form here:
hidden link

We have had this with Access in past becucase of too low PHP versions on the server.

It was producing a E 500 as well.

Since you are not using access this is not the issue but could as well be due to the PHP version / MySQL you are running.

As WordPress recommends you should contact your Server Admin and ask to increase to what WordPress recommends, also because of safety reasons.
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Very helpful to know what is producing the E 500 would be a Server Error Log of the moment you perform the action.

It si most probably a PHP warning or error and according to that, we can proceed to see what is happening.

May I ask, with new CRED Forms + Notification (kept simple and minimal) it is the same issue on your end?

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

Thanks for your response. Here is the information you requested:

- My current server versions are PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL 5.5.42 (these are below the WordPress requirements so I have contacted my host for any possible upgrades).

- The error log contains the following relevant error at the moment I perform the action:
[17-Dec-2015 17:00:07] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home1/bradicac/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/common/Mail_Handler.php on line 57

- I created a new, simple Cred form to test and got the same error result.

Yes, this is the PHP version that is not working with CRED.

I suggest to (as you did) ask the Server Admin to update the PHP Version, as it will work with at least PHP 5.3.29

I have also reported this issue to our DEV so they can also look into this, since CRED should also work with PHP 5.2.17
Still we recommend to use WordPress recommended PHP and MySQL versions as for security reasons beneath other reasons.

Thank you for reporting this.

My sever admin upgraded to PHP Version 5.4.24 and this seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you for your support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.