Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED Forms New User Confirmation E-mail

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by lilianS-2 Il y a 3 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.53.48 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a User Form. When a new User Signs up, I can send a notification e-mail to admins no problem. We'd also like the user to receive an e-mail confirming their account & password.

I tried following the documentation (https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-forms-for-registering-users/), but it doesn't seem to be working. I checked that every field was filled out. I tried testing various settings to see if anything was off.

One thing that is different about my screen versus the documentation is my only option for Name field is empty (see screen shot).
That makes sense as there is currently only a Username and Password field in the registration form.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-forms-for-registering-users/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/send-username-and-password-in-email-from-admin-side-when-admin-approve-user/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

One thing that is different about my screen versus the documentation is my only option for Name field is empty (see screen shot).
That makes sense as there is currently only a Username and Password field in the registration form.
==>
So, that is logical as there is no email field available with your user form that is why the Name field is empty.

To send the email to the user who register, you will require to add the email field to your form and then you will be able to see the Name field and setup your email notification to send username/password to the user.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.33.05 PM.png

There is an email field

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

That is strange.

Can you please share problem URL where you added the registration form as well as access details so that I can review whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.