Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED Form with Post Relationship doesn't save if multiple forms exist on page.

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Auteur
Publications

I've confirmed the issue i'm about to describe below on a clean/up to date install of WordPress/Toolset as it is easier to demonstrate than on my actual site, and eliminates any code/plugin conflicts.

I have two post types: Items and Tasks. Items can have many tasks attached to them- in a one=>many relationship.

I have set up a content template for items that contains: a CRED form to edit the item, a view of tasks attached to the current item, and a CRED form to add a task.

In the task form, I'm automatically setting the parent using

[cred_field field="@item-task.parent" class="form-control" output="bootstrap" select_text="--- not set ---" value="[wpv-post-id]"]

Here's the problem: With the setup described above (two forms on one page), the task is never created, and something like ?_tt=XXXXXXXXXXX is appended to the URL.

When I remove the first edit form, the task is created correctly, the relationship is saved properly, shows up in the view and the url is something like ?_tt=1543399756&_success=11_1&_target=19#cred_form_11_1

Any idea why this is?

Download links from changelog do not work in Chrome.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

I was able to download the different plugin versions from the page, using the Chrome browser without any issue.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Can you please try again, with all browser extensions disabled and also test this in a different browser, just to be sure.

In case there is any error/warning shown, please share its screenshot.

2018-11-29 09_42_22-DevTools - toolset.com_download_toolset-cred_.png

Nope, doesn't work in any browser. Tried fresh install of Firefox as well- no dice.

Link to video showing the link not working in either Chrome or FF: hidden link

Attached is a screenshot of how the links render- there's nothing in the HREF attribute which seems a bit strange no?

Just tried it on my laptop as well, the link doesn't do anything.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi David,

Thank you for waiting and I apologize for not following up on this sooner.

After further tests on yours and my test website, I can confirm that the issue you're experiencing is already reported. The second form included on a page to add a new post doesn't work as expected.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at this time, but I'll update you through this ticket, as soon as this gets fixed.

Meanwhile, to avoid this issue, you have two workarounds:

1. From the form's settings, you can set it to submit with AJAX, so that the page is not refreshed.
OR
2. You can downgrade to Toolset Forms plugin version 2.1.1.2

It is very strange that you're not able to download this plugin version from our downloads page:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-cred/#changelog

I've got this linked checked from the concerned team and we were not able to reproduce this issue and the link works fine during our testing.

For your convenience, I've uploaded this 2.1.1.2 version of Toolset Form plugin on your website ( hidden link ) and you can get it through FTP access and use it on any other website that you have.

To troubleshoot why the download link is not working on our website, please make sure that your browser doesn't have any extensions enabled, which could result in a conflict.

I hope these points will help and please let me know if you have any questions/concerns around this.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi David,

Just wanted to update you that the Toolset Forms 2.2.1.1 version has been released, which includes a fix for the issue that you reported earlier.

Appreciate your report and patience.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.